Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 533986 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1980: April 04, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
You should get into the fight with LilAnnie... I'm burning through my 2,000 SBS faster than expected :p

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1981: April 04, 2012, 02:02:13 AM »
You haven't seen the fleet she has lurking to my east.... you know what, whatever, it's pixels. Let the war begin!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982: April 04, 2012, 02:54:13 AM »
Excellent, maybe I'll bring MtnDew into it as well.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983: April 05, 2012, 12:42:51 AM »
You haven't seen the fleet she has lurking to my east.... you know what, whatever, it's pixels. Let the war begin!

Is Komurov your suicidal empire?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1984: April 05, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
Is Komurov your suicidal empire?

They're the Australia of my GundamMerc account... what do you think?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985: April 05, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »
133 pages devoted to this game. Congratz guys :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1986: April 11, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »
GundamMerc's coming down to pay Komurov a visit and demand some protection money. ^_^

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987: April 11, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »
GundamMerc's coming down to pay Komurov a visit and demand some protection money. ^_^

If GundamMerc starts attacking LilAnnie, we're going to have a problem.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1988: April 11, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »
No, the Earth Federation is allied to you, and so won't attack allies of their allies. They will, however, attack a wayward colony that decided it should have independence. ^_^

Yay for declaring war on myself!

Spitfire5793

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989: April 13, 2012, 04:58:14 AM »
Ok, ive just seen this thread, ive only just started the game.  It all seems cool but im a bit of a noob.

Anyway, my name on the game is also Spitfire5793 and my planets location is 1640.7,2523.7

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1990: April 13, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
if you'll look on the front page in Nathan's post, you'll see all the players who are from Battlemaster and their empires.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991: May 11, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
So I started this too, with the name of "Duvaille". It seems that I neighbor someone big by the name of "harlow".

If I have understood it correctly, after some point this game becomes too much of a chore simply because there is too much to handle, with or without scripts. BM is excellent in this regard because there are limits built in when you expand too much. I do not suppose Dave sees a need for anything like that.

If there were a natural limit (something like diminishing returns) based on the number of planets you had, another strategy would need to be thought of. You would need to subjugate your weaker neighbors and make them your pawns. They could of course always turn against you if they found a better master. But then at least you would need to put in some effort in diplomacy. Then the smaller players could in turn subjugate some of the even smaller ones that are otherwise not worth the trouble for the big ones.

Or I suppose the game could be seen as "just fine" as it is now, each doing their own thing as long as that is fun. We shall see.

By the way, from the looks of it, "hydrocarbons" are the only resource that in due time vanish completely. Does that mean that after awhile, the heavily colonized areas become essentially uninhabitable and worthless, forcing migration to yet undiscovered places?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1992: May 11, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
So I started this too, with the name of "Duvaille". It seems that I neighbor someone big by the name of "harlow".

If I have understood it correctly, after some point this game becomes too much of a chore simply because there is too much to handle, with or without scripts. BM is excellent in this regard because there are limits built in when you expand too much. I do not suppose Dave sees a need for anything like that.

If there were a natural limit (something like diminishing returns) based on the number of planets you had, another strategy would need to be thought of. You would need to subjugate your weaker neighbors and make them your pawns. They could of course always turn against you if they found a better master. But then at least you would need to put in some effort in diplomacy. Then the smaller players could in turn subjugate some of the even smaller ones that are otherwise not worth the trouble for the big ones.

Or I suppose the game could be seen as "just fine" as it is now, each doing their own thing as long as that is fun. We shall see.

By the way, from the looks of it, "hydrocarbons" are the only resource that in due time vanish completely. Does that mean that after awhile, the heavily colonized areas become essentially uninhabitable and worthless, forcing migration to yet undiscovered places?

Actually, Dave is developing a mechanic that causes large empires to be harder to maintain.  Also, the hydrocarbon thing is not true, due to the wonders of mind control.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993: May 11, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
making large empires harder to maintain just means the game becomes tedious sooner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994: May 11, 2012, 05:02:45 PM »
Well it became tedious to me about 2 months ago. My empire is up for grabs... Ive got a few fleets floating around but nothing too big.