Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529534 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #2025: July 11, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »
Considering the low energy cost for the stuff I've built so far, I don't think it is going to be a big issue. I've yet to build Planetary Defense and Mind control which may be BIG consumers. But then they would have to be, otherwise it looks like I can support everything in my old build with a single power plant, assuming it is running at full capacity.

Long Range Sensor 1+Long Range Sensor 2+Mind Control+Matter Synth 1+Matter Synth 2+Military Base+Slingshot+Planetary Defense+Any of the power plants=100.5% of your planets income in upkeep. So there are definitely choices you have to make or your planets will never build a single ship.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026: July 12, 2012, 02:21:22 AM »
Long Range Sensor 1+Long Range Sensor 2+Mind Control+Matter Synth 1+Matter Synth 2+Military Base+Slingshot+Planetary Defense+Any of the power plants=100.5% of your planets income in upkeep. So there are definitely choices you have to make or your planets will never build a single ship.

Yeah no, I already have a way around that minor problem :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2027: July 12, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »
Please note that no one is at max population... meaning that the extra power provided to the population could go down.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028: July 12, 2012, 05:07:23 AM »
Please note that no one is at max population... meaning that the extra power provided to the population could go down.

That is true. I don't have a huge data set to work from, but so far it appears that energy produced by civilians increases with population size.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029: July 12, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
Hello folks, I've decided to try out Dave's Galaxy. I'm a vet of well-establish space exploration/strategy/tactical games such as Merchant Empires, Solar Fleet, Astro Empires, and single-player variants of the genre like GalCiv & Sword of the Stars, but I've been a loooooong time out of the online crowd... BM is quite frankly the first strategic "MMO" I've played since 2009. Be gentle... :-P

My user is, of course, Ehndras, and I just signed up, oh, 30 seconds ago. I'd like to know how I go about finding all of you folks, if I am to find you at all. ;-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030: July 23, 2012, 02:11:22 AM »
Anyone have experience with the new Capital defense system? How effective is it?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031: July 23, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
Anyone have experience with the new Capital defense system? How effective is it?

Dave said it's slightly less effective than PD. I'd wager most of that comes from the reduced range of it.

Anyone else notice ship costs go up now the larger you get? My scouts still cost only 230 quantaloos while help says their cost is 250. Or has that always been the case?
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032: July 24, 2012, 01:33:39 AM »
Dave said it's slightly less effective than PD. I'd wager most of that comes from the reduced range of it.

Anyone else notice ship costs go up now the larger you get? My scouts still cost only 230 quantaloos while help says their cost is 250. Or has that always been the case?

I'm not sure when it came in to be honest. Dave said something about it being around for a few months. The idea is to make it cheaper for smaller players, I think it was introduced about the time we were looking at how to limit our massive empires. Probably when it was implemented we were all large enough to have maxed out the cost (the help values are the max costs)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033: August 04, 2012, 10:05:18 PM »
Add me to the list please? :-)

Player Name: Ehndras
Capitol World: Kye'raeon
Loc: (1755.6,2063.5 )
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034: August 05, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »
Hehe, the ship cost changing as you go up in society level came in with the reset.

Hey everyone!   haven't been here in a while.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035: August 05, 2012, 08:35:50 AM »
Ah, the infamous Dave himself!

Its a grand pleasure to see you here - quite a game you've got going! Yet it still holds so much potential! Is it still actively being developed much like Battlemaster, or has it reached its gameplay plateau? I've only recently joined so I cannot give a proper opinion as I've barely touched upon the many possibilities inherent within the game's system. :-) Cheers!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036: August 05, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
hi dave. did you end up grabbing most of my old planets (after i started the war and stopped playing)? XD
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037: August 05, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
Ah, the infamous Dave himself!

Its a grand pleasure to see you here - quite a game you've got going! Yet it still holds so much potential! Is it still actively being developed much like Battlemaster, or has it reached its gameplay plateau? I've only recently joined so I cannot give a proper opinion as I've barely touched upon the many possibilities inherent within the game's system. :-) Cheers!

Always adding new stuff, keeps the game interesting if anything else.  Plus, I have a looong list of things I still want to do.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038: August 05, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
hi dave. did you end up grabbing most of my old planets (after i started the war and stopped playing)? XD

Haha, I grabbed a lot of them, but turning the corner on your PD thicket took time.  :)  Then DireKoala attacked right before the reset.  Everyone was out to get me.   Hmpf.  :)

This iteration, I have a bit of a Hatch problem.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2039: August 05, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Haha, I grabbed a lot of them, but turning the corner on your PD thicket took time.  :)  Then DireKoala attacked right before the reset.  Everyone was out to get me.   Hmpf.  :)

This iteration, I have a bit of a Hatch problem.  :)

I actually grabbed the majority of them.