Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 528999 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #2040: August 06, 2012, 01:10:07 AM »
Haha, I grabbed a lot of them, but turning the corner on your PD thicket took time.  :)  Then DireKoala attacked right before the reset.  Everyone was out to get me.   Hmpf.  :)

This iteration, I have a bit of a Hatch problem.  :)

Everyone has a bit of a Hatch problem. I'm currently trying to work out how many members of [M] are just him playing on different accounts.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041: August 06, 2012, 01:38:13 AM »
Everyone has a bit of a Hatch problem. I'm currently trying to work out how many members of [M] are just him playing on different accounts.

One near us. Has managed to piss off like eight of us and we're all planning to gang up on him.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042: August 06, 2012, 01:46:01 AM »
One near us. Has managed to piss off like eight of us and we're all planning to gang up on him.

I've got a few of them hanging around with small pirate fleets near me. They aren't a real problem, the fleets are tiny and opportunistic. The general vibe of the group is quite arrogant though, but then when you think you are the only "offical" alliance I guess you think you've got an advantage. Plus a good few of them appear to be using scripts for planet management.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043: August 06, 2012, 03:42:50 AM »
Does this game still scale impossibly bad? I remember it being fun up until about planet 15, and then I wanted to kill myself.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044: August 06, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
Does this game still scale impossibly bad? I remember it being fun up until about planet 15, and then I wanted to kill myself.

Yes

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045: August 06, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
I actually grabbed the majority of them.

True.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046: August 06, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
sort of prearranged XD
firefox

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047: August 06, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »
Are we allowed to have multiple accounts in the first place?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2048: August 06, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
yes, I've always had two.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049: August 07, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
Are we allowed to have multiple accounts in the first place?

Yes Dave places no limits on these things. I'm sure some of us who use scripts (I actually haven't used mine this round yet, but then I was in the middle of completely reworking them last round) are probably running 5+ accounts to try and get a early game boost. The growth in this game is exponential so if you plan on being a war like empire a early start can be very important.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050: August 07, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
Early start? How so?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051: August 07, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »
Well firstly, being online from the start. Every day your planets increase in society level and population. If I get a week head start on you that is several planets underway before you even start, and at least several days head start on those planets being able to produce more colony ships. Secondly is "acquisition" either by taking on the inactive planets all over the place, or simply squashing those newer players around you. Before the reset I had over 10k planets. Each and every planet could produce several colony ships every day. How is a player with even a few hundred planets really going to catch up? Unless to large empires get stuck in a war, or we finally see a successful federated group of smaller empire take on a large one. Hieruf was number 1 in planets early on before the reset, and try as I might, even with a surprise war against him that got me a good few planets I was still falling behind him, I simply couldn't match the number of arc's he was producing.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052: August 07, 2012, 04:20:56 AM »
Well that blows, but its understandable.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053: August 07, 2012, 04:26:27 AM »
Well that blows, but its understandable.

Just don't play the scoreboard game :) If it goes like last time the big guys (with the exception of me) were happy to never have a war and just expand and gobble up inactive empires so you should do fine.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054: August 07, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »
I've added a couple advantages to new players -- capital defense (the red dashed ring), and reduced costs for ships.  I'll also be adding some damping factors for older empires. 

Yeah, lots of people have multiple accounts -- I don't love it, but trying to stop people from doing it is basically impossible (well, it would limit multiple accounts to people who are clever-er than most), so I only allow random initial placement, etc...  Which at least keeps most of the multiple accounts from joining up.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy