Author Topic: From The Rulers Channel on Discord - Small realms  (Read 19888 times)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
PAGE 5

Rowan1364Today at 4:42 AM
I think we should brainstorm about coming up with a way to entice new players to stay
Adventurers have a sort of mini game going on within the game itself. Battlemaster emphasizes team game and strategy so we can't really affect the turn change way of things, and we can't really do much that would affect the outcome of battles perse. But maybe some kind of way to affect skill growth in between turns?
Or perhaps some kind of political mini game
You know how Diplomats are always going on about minor nobility and such like that
Could do a sort of contact related mini game that would give bonuses to Diplomacy actions or higher skill raise chance or something.
I know it's kind of a fundamental core change in philosophy but don't we kind of do that already? You just have to be a Courtier or Diplomat or Priest subclass
And is trader still a thing?
Basically I'm saying, sure, there's battles and such, but in between battles is a sore lacking of traditional RPG elements. We have to entertain ourselves with RP and that seems to be the lifeline the game clings to. If we can spice the character development side of it up a bit maybe we can incentivize in game leveling so to speak. Give players a solo reason to stick around and then develop a bond with the people around them and naturally want to go into more RP side of things
Sure we have Courtier, Diplomat, Priest, Infiltrator, Cavalier, but no one is hit with that when they log in
Present it like Class mechanics like it's a MMORPG or tabletop RPG except the "way to level" is getting into battles with your realm.
Maybe that will incentivize this Touch Phone AFK Arena Generation
Maybe even add bonuses for certain positions
So people try and aspire to them for selfish reasons
Like a... Idk. Discount for paying troops for bankers? Judge bonuses for Courtiers? Though that's kind of a thing since they can hold courts
So then people learn positions in retrospect
Right now there really isn't anything like that for players to hold on to or aspire to. I think that's part of the reason we have such a high early drop rate
Without shiny graphics, or anime tiddies, lol,
We should get something that's kind of a hook for newbies so they learn to stick around
It won't work for everyone but I think it might be enough to get another generation of players started
But anyway that's enough solo brain storming
Honestly, Tom isn't around anymore. I think it's time we scrap some of his ideals
Fame needs to be implemented in a way that at least some of it is transparent and listed. Like achievements to aspire to.
Skills need to be present and more readily attainable. Going to an academy/tournament/occasionally earning them in battle isn't enough
Needs to be something you can earn solo in addition to battles
Adventurers won't be phased out because they will always have the artifact game and undead/monster hunting