Author Topic: From The Rulers Channel on Discord - Small realms  (Read 20135 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I do like the idea of limiting new players to realm of over 10 nobles.

And checking total messages sent in a realm may be a good idea too.  Realms that don't talk much may go off the list of realms that can accept new players.

It would focus new players into realms with more nobles and more activity.

As for the rest...I find it ironic that Nothoi formed two of the realms now considered too small.  Caelint and Angmar both came out of Nothoi back when we all had more players and more ability to expand.  The the banning of Angmar's leader messed them up rather badly.  And Caelint never did expand much beyond being a border realm.  Though they and the equally small Gotland and have certainly created their fair share of chaos for everybody around them.  Hehehe.

I'm not in favoring of roguing nations with other under 10 nobles, but I could be convinced that those of 5 nobles and under should be rogued.  I don't know.  Maybe 10 works too.  I dislike seeing people's hard work go away, but at the same time, I am in favor of getting some focus in players.

Just remember that we don't want to focus everything so tightly that we end up in another situation like the Cagilan/Taran alliance where each nation held sway over massive sections of the continent with no one in a position to deal with them.