Author Topic: From The Rulers Channel on Discord - Small realms  (Read 20093 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Ok.  The right way to say it would be that the dev or admins didn't like what the Cagil-Taran Alliance had DONE to Atamara in years past.

Which was...namely...WIN.  Previous generations of players forged an alliance of brothers between the two realms so strong that that they were inseparable and had done so well in war and politics that they'd done what we all thought was unthinkable outside the war islands.  Win.

I've long maintained that the admins should have congratulated the winners, exactly what is done on the war islands, and reset the island back to its beginning state.  But neither that nor anything else was ever done to force a reset on the island.

So the players decided to create our own reset by breaking up the alliance for the betterment of the island.  We put together an awesome roleplaying reason to do it, kicked it off, and sent the entire island into a rapidly escalating civil war that had already engulfed most of the realms.

And THEN the admins announced they were sinking the island before anybody found out how everything shook out.

I have no idea when they DECIDED to sink the island, but I do when the admins made their intentions to sink the island known to players.  And it was a long, LONG time after we'd put a massive amount of work into FIXING the problem with the island on our own.

Which was...a bit of a kick in the teeth to the players that had worked so hard to fix everything.