Author Topic: Speed bumps for endless BM war vehicles  (Read 1447 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Speed bumps for endless BM war vehicles
« Topic Start: September 13, 2019, 01:15:34 AM »
Title: War duration affects recruitment cost over time

Summary: BM wars last way too long. To give people a short break and some time to consider their options, I think gentle nudges are required. Impacting the recruitment cost -which also affects maintenance cost, might be a good way to go.

Details:
1) Initial Phase: No recruitment/maintenance cost increase for the first 3~4 months
2) Attrition Phase: After the initial phase ends, recruitment/maintenance cost increase by 10% every month. People will be able to continue fighting for few more months until they will have to consider taking a break from a war
3) Reset Phase: It will take at least 1 month for the cost to normalize back to the pre-war cost.

Benefits: Should give realms time to think if they want to continue the current war or step back and take a break. BM wars last way too long and at some point, nobody knows how to stop it until one side gets completely demolished.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: Will need to think on cases where one realm is being ganged up by multiple other realms. While the defender's cost is going up, attackers will take turns and take breaks to reset their cost.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Speed bumps for endless BM war vehicles
« Reply #1: September 13, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »
I've already got some ideas along these lines. Reducing recruitment rate over time was another.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan