Author Topic: More buildings should produce more paraphernalias  (Read 2035 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
More buildings should produce more paraphernalias
« Topic Start: September 20, 2019, 05:03:51 AM »
Title: More buildings should produce more paraphernalias

Summary: At the moment, more paraphernalia buildings will only increase how many you can store. It isn't really a big problem normally until you have to start sieging cities. You need a lot of siege engines to siege a city yet once a siege fails, you usually need to abandon siege engines to return quickly since being undermanned to operate them will slow you down a lot. If you have 2 workshops at the moment, it takes 70 days to fully fill them. That is way too long when you usually lose them during battle and after battle. Cities usually have lv5 walls and it takes minimum 40 to siege one. Fail to siege a city twice will pretty much put you in a position where you need to wait for SEs to fill back up for good 3 weeks. Sieging is already hard enough. Same goes for banners. They fall like flies and harder to get them. Not as much as back in the days since not many people grab infantry to begin with.

Details: If you have 2 workshops, you should get 2 SEs a day instead of 1.

Benefits: Makes sense. 2 workshops producing 2 SEs. 2 banner manufacturers producing twice as many as just 1 banner manufacturer. Also, eliminates unnecessary downtown between sieges.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: None.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: More buildings should produce more paraphernalias
« Reply #1: September 20, 2019, 05:14:22 AM »
I don't think it's quite as straightforward as that, but I believe additional paraphernalia buildings already do increase the amount generated. Or at least are supposed to.

If that's genuinely not happening, I would personally classify that as a bug.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 20, 2019, 08:43:57 AM »
I don't think it's quite as straightforward as that, but I believe additional paraphernalia buildings already do increase the amount generated. Or at least are supposed to.

If that's genuinely not happening, I would personally classify that as a bug.

So if I have 5 workshops, it should produce more than 1 a day?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 20, 2019, 02:13:51 PM »
So if I have 5 workshops, it should produce more than 1 a day?

If you have 5 workshops, it should produce (roughly) 5 times as much as 1 workshop.

Depending on the workshop, that may still be no more than 1 per day; I don't remember what all the frequencies are.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan