Author Topic: Food consumption  (Read 4554 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Food consumption
« Topic Start: September 28, 2019, 04:04:26 PM »

Tol Goldora's food production raises further questions, though. Is there something broken or imbalanced in the monster/undead spawn code on Dwilight that allows TG to produce so much?

This is my opinion of what is happening based on my understanding of how undead and monsters choose their targets.  They go after the places with the lowest noble density.  All the rogues in the north try to get to Arnor, but have to go through Westgard to get there.  This seems to coincide with Avernus losing a significant portion of their western territories.   All the rogues in the south try to get to Madina, but have to go through Zuma lands to get there.  That is probably why we see so many rogue battles with Zuma on the turn reports.

IMO it shouldn't be possible to keep regions permanently on half rations.  Astrum has 3 cities and 1 rural region. That alone should be a red flag. None of their allies have a food surplus to sell them so how are they surviving? 

Perhaps it should be 3/4 , 1/2 and 1/4 rations.   Move the 1/2 penalties up to what 3/4 would be, and move 1/4 up to half and make new penalties for 1/4 rations.   I just see very little consequence for running half rations and it's letting skeletal realms like Madina and Astrum linger on for far longer than should be possible.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 05:45:34 PM by dustole »
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)