Author Topic: The Adventurer Upgrade Request List  (Read 3066 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
The Adventurer Upgrade Request List
« Topic Start: September 29, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
•   Title: The Adventurer Upgrade Request List.
•   Summary: Many players have noted the lack of depth in the Adventurer game. This post would serve as a collection of ideas to the devs that can actively be approved or rejected. Reply to the thread with an idea, and once approved or rejected I will add it to this post to collect ideas.
•   Details: Anaris has mentioned a desire to make changes to the Adventurer game, in the hopes of making it more fun and contribute more to the game. This is a community effort, as different people play differently.
•   Benefits: Making the Advie game more fun is the goal.
•   Possible Downsides or Exploits: Downsides/Exploits will be described for each item.

Approved:

Rejected

Pending:

1)   Sellsword Advies: Allow Advies to provide mercenary work to a Noble’s unit and fight alongside it, perhaps giving an extra 50CS or so. Option should only be available to Advies who have a certain amount of prestige, to avoid players making Advies with the sole purpose of unit-boosting. Also, restrict players from joining their own noble’s unit.

2)   Dungeons/Quests: Opportunities where an Advie can engage on a quest or dungeon, perhaps with other Advies which would increase chances of success. Rewards of gold/items/scrolls could be made for completion, given the difficulty. Possibly as a text based adventure style mini game.

3)   Adventurer Message Group: Instead of writing to any Advie within vicinity, which fluctuates constantly, perhaps introduce my consistency with allowing Advies to write to all Advies within their realm. Also, allow Advies to send realm wide (to include nobles) messages that are restricted to RPs, to allow more people to enjoy the “story” of Advies.

4)   Revamp Sages/Wizards: Provide static wizards in key locations that do nothing but repair Items. Sages/Wizards can give Advies a “quest” which will log what ingredients an Advie needs for a Scroll/Item.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer Upgrade Request List
« Reply #1: September 29, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
Adventure game isn't the main part of the game. Let it stay where it is. I'd rather see more features coming to the main game not to the advy game.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 29, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »
Well, that is certainly your opinion, which I believe you have already shared on other forum posts. However, there are other people who enjoy the Advie game, and it warrants discussion on what can be done to improve it, or to integrate it better with the noble game.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see the advy game expanded. But it was both Tom and Tim who did not want the advy game to be too developed since they didn't want it to be the main focus of the game.

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 30, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »
But now maybe different? Peoples says Tom no here many,many years.

I like 4)

All day, get so many messages for sages, but no so useful if no need repairs. Like reason for need move other places, talk other mens.

2) interesting

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 30, 2019, 08:19:13 PM »

2) I like this idea.
Andrew was working on something like this for M&F a while back when I was still playing that game.
It has been a while and I am not sure how far he ever got on that project, but it may be worth talking to him.

If I recall,
Minimum of 3 were needed to enter random dungeons that popped up randomly around the map.
As you got deeper into the dungeon/quest, the strength of monsters and value of rewards earned increased.
It would give advies more incentive to work together.  Maye offer "advie" only special rewards for those that manage to get to the bottom of the dungeon.  Maybe add new "questing/dungeon" skill for advies that would allow them to get "deeper" as they get more skill.

I see lots of room for advie fun/rp/bragging rights, etc.
And the good news is that Andrew already has a base code for this (as I said, I do not know the current state of this coding).

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 15, 2019, 08:50:02 AM »
I like all of these ideas and any of them introduced would make things more interesting.

One tweak I might add to number 1 is perhaps...not linking them to an individual unit.

But more to a realm.  Imagine if you will, an upcoming battle.  Two realm armies are coming together to fight.

Send in the adventurers to get ground information and send it back to the army.  This is the roleplaying version.

The gameplay code idea is that for each realm adventurer in a region where battle is happening, the realm warriors get a small boost in combat power.  Not a gamebreaking amount of course, but enough to encourage players to do it.  Either make it a set amount for each adventurer, or possibly base the shift on each adventurer's adventuring skill.  That would be the more complicated way to code it, but it would make longer-lived adventurers more valuable than the young punks.

Note that if the adventurers swarmed into enemy territory before the battle (as they would have to) there is a non-zero chance that they would be arrested by patrols at turn change.  Which...well...is a risk.  ;)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 16, 2019, 03:37:25 AM »
2) I like this idea.
Andrew was working on something like this for M&F a while back when I was still playing that game.
It has been a while and I am not sure how far he ever got on that project, but it may be worth talking to him.

If I recall,
Minimum of 3 were needed to enter random dungeons that popped up randomly around the map.
As you got deeper into the dungeon/quest, the strength of monsters and value of rewards earned increased.
It would give advies more incentive to work together.  Maye offer "advie" only special rewards for those that manage to get to the bottom of the dungeon.  Maybe add new "questing/dungeon" skill for advies that would allow them to get "deeper" as they get more skill.

I see lots of room for advie fun/rp/bragging rights, etc.
And the good news is that Andrew already has a base code for this (as I said, I do not know the current state of this coding).
That was all actually Tom's code. I added a couple things, but yeah, all Tom on that one. I'm busy adding other stuff, like Sieges and Places of Interest and the like at the moment.
It is code complete, and unlike most M&F features, broadly self-contained from the rest of the code-base. I think I talked to Delvin about it once and he said while he liked the idea, it wasn't a priority for anytime soon.
Like my programming? Become my patron!