Author Topic: The Adventurer Upgrade Request List  (Read 3070 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer Upgrade Request List
« Topic Start: October 16, 2019, 03:37:25 AM »
2) I like this idea.
Andrew was working on something like this for M&F a while back when I was still playing that game.
It has been a while and I am not sure how far he ever got on that project, but it may be worth talking to him.

If I recall,
Minimum of 3 were needed to enter random dungeons that popped up randomly around the map.
As you got deeper into the dungeon/quest, the strength of monsters and value of rewards earned increased.
It would give advies more incentive to work together.  Maye offer "advie" only special rewards for those that manage to get to the bottom of the dungeon.  Maybe add new "questing/dungeon" skill for advies that would allow them to get "deeper" as they get more skill.

I see lots of room for advie fun/rp/bragging rights, etc.
And the good news is that Andrew already has a base code for this (as I said, I do not know the current state of this coding).
That was all actually Tom's code. I added a couple things, but yeah, all Tom on that one. I'm busy adding other stuff, like Sieges and Places of Interest and the like at the moment.
It is code complete, and unlike most M&F features, broadly self-contained from the rest of the code-base. I think I talked to Delvin about it once and he said while he liked the idea, it wasn't a priority for anytime soon.
Like my programming? Become my patron!