Author Topic: Marked for Death: Voluntary Character Mortality  (Read 14349 times)

egamma

What tweaks are you referring to?

At the start of the 4th, there were massive casualties, and characters would remain wounded for weeks. After the first month or so, the mortality was reduced.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
So this would essentially work the same way as Mortality worked on BT during the 4th invasion?

I don't remember how it worked, exactly, but possibly.

egamma

Offtopic posts moved to http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2819.0.html

Keep this thread clean please.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think this is a brilliant idea. I really hope it goes somewhere.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I support the idea, it just needs to be fleshed out a little more. Basically, coding it would be a bit of a nightmare with the current feature set, but it might be possible to move it into an entity method (like wounded() ).

Zakilevo

I support the idea, it just needs to be fleshed out a little more. Basically, coding it would be a bit of a nightmare with the current feature set, but it might be possible to move it into an entity method (like wounded() ).

That sounds like a good idea. A simple one too.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Tom,

So, do you mean like when wounded, the game would check if the box is ticked and then if it is, it has a certain chance of killing the character?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
So, do you mean like when wounded, the game would check if the box is ticked and then if it is, it has a certain chance of killing the character?

No, it was more of a coding comment.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile

From a conceptual or technical standpoint?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Loving this idea, talked about it last week on IRC with danaris and Lorgan (and probably some others that I forget to mention). Most likely would check it for all my characters, then start calling people who don't use the option pussies.  8)
I would still charge into battle without thinking though. Living on the edge battlemaster-style. This is also a great option to stop jaune from winning the game.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Marked for Death: Voluntary Character Mortality
« Reply #25: September 20, 2019, 07:59:12 AM »
Very, very much old topic, but wonder why not have this?

I like my characters, but think something real for die suddenly, make new characters. I think people say Hero not so much interesting, and then no can do others things.

Is possible make this feature request, or is already dead idea?

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 20, 2019, 08:44:38 AM »
Thought this was approved long ago? Just not a top priority at the moment?

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 20, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
"at the moment" == 7 years

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 20, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
At the time of this thread, it was not yet officially approved. That didn't come until much later.

As you perfectly well know, the dev team is volunteer, and overburdened, and compared to changes that make the game more adaptable to its much-reduced playerbase, this feature is not high priority.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan