Author Topic: Dragoness Family Case History  (Read 5519 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dragoness Family Case History
« Topic Start: January 20, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »
I appreciate the time you've spent compiling this list. For the sake of fairness I have to make a few remarks also.

To be clear: The Titans/Admins/Devs do not "interfere" with the game.
Absolutely disagree. This terminology is warranted in this specific case. When a dev arbitrarily erases the realm's best RC along with the walls in key border regions I will call this interference. And that was what Banetal was alluding to in his message.

#868 2018: Banned a new noble who had been in the realm for three days for "not following orders". While technically an IR violation, the issue was punished as "Not Giving Newcomers the Benefit of the Doubt".
No. I remember that case very well. He banned a character on my character's order. And not for inactivitiy but for spying. No player was ever punished or even scolded for inactivity. We treat IR very seriously in Perdan.

#889 2019: OOC suggestion that other players are a detriment to the game because they are more active than him (also arguably an IR violation).
(OOC: this is a game, not a part time job. If you can not agree to make the game more fun and more easy for everyone, that is up to you)
Again, this is not what really happened. There was no accusing players of being too active. Here's the full letter in question, to add context.

Letter from Banetal Dragoness
Message sent to the judges of East Continent (9 recipients) - 15 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes ago
My Peers,
my friends.

The current status is: three realms reafirmed they stand to the agreement.
I assume those who did not reafirm it, still stand to it.

So only Redhaven and Eponllyn don't want to join.

I for my part, I'm to old to keep track of many many agreements.

(OOC: this is a game, not a part time job. If you can not agree to make the game more fun and more easy for everyone, that is up to you)

That said, realms not joining obviously get their nobles treated like they treat our nobles.

I remember the screaming and bickering of the Redhaven judge in my dungeon quiet livedly.

At Your Service

P.S. if there are no further answers regarding nay or aye, I will repost the current status of the agreement in 8 days, sunday.

Banetal Dragoness
Seneschal of Perdan
Duke of the Golden City
Margrave of Aix

There is no way you can interpret it as accusing other judges of being too active. Showing ooc irritation with IC decisions other judges were making was surely wrong, but it was not about IR violation, which is important to note.

I had to comment on these instances because they imply that this player casually violated IR policy which was never the case. It is important that his name is not thusly smeared.
Crude and blunt language in his ooc ramblings has always been the real issue with this player.

That being said, I believe that the latest punishment was a fair and reasonable one and I had no intention to criticize it. Only to rectify some unfortunate implications.