BattleMaster > Titan's Case Archives

Dragoness Family Case History

<< < (2/2)

Zakky:
And Portal Stone events should never have had that much of an impact in the first place. If devs really erased a RC then it is a borderline interference.

I can definitely see why he was upset. I would have been fuming pissed too. Good that portal stones are gone now. Hopefully they will never do something as disagreeable as that ever.

As for his other letters... dear god. I am surprised that he hasn't been perma banned yet...

Anaris:
Others have done a good job addressing some of the points you have brought up, but I want to make sure a few things are completely clear.

--- Quote from: Constantine on January 20, 2020, 02:44:28 AM ---No. I remember that case very well. He banned a character on my character's order.

--- End quote ---

"I was just following orders" is never a valid defense for breaking the game's rules. All it means is that you are both culpable.

--- Quote ---And not for inactivitiy but for spying. No player was ever punished or even scolded for inactivity.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---That is actually beyond the point. Even if I was mistaken (I wasn't), my point was that the ban had nothing to do with player's activity. 
--- End quote ---

I want to be absolutely crystal clear about a few things here:

1. You were wrong. Absolutely, 100%, completely wrong. The character that was banned was not a spy.
2. You banned a new player after only five days in the realm for something that is not, and has not been for many years, considered a valid reason for banning.
3. Even if the player had, in fact, been a spy, you would still have been in the wrong, punishment would have been fully deserved, and I would still be very angry at you for not giving them the benefit of the doubt. You had no evidence of their treachery, only a vague suspicion based on the fact that they had once had a character in a realm you were at war with, so you did something that has a very, very high chance of driving any new player away from this game forever.
4. The fact that you still think of it in terms of a "win" for "team north" shows me that you are prioritizing in-character rivalries over out-of-character concerns like the fun of other real live human beings and the health of the game. This is deeply concerning to me, for reasons that ought to be fairly obvious.
5. Giving a reason of "not following orders" for a ban of a player who, during the time since receiving the orders, has neither acted nor sent any letters, is, in fact, an Inalienable Rights violation, provided that span of time is not long enough for the character to auto-pause.

Constantine:

--- Quote from: Anaris on January 20, 2020, 06:11:09 PM ---"I was just following orders" is never a valid defense for breaking the game's rules. All it means is that you are both culpable.

--- End quote ---
I agree with that.
Though I was not punished, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

--- Quote from: Anaris on January 20, 2020, 06:11:09 PM ---1. You were wrong. Absolutely, 100%, completely wrong. The character that was banned was not a spy.
2. You banned a new player after only five days in the realm for something that is not, and has not been for many years, considered a valid reason for banning.
3. Even if the player had, in fact, been a spy, you would still have been in the wrong, punishment would have been fully deserved, and I would still be very angry at you for not giving them the benefit of the doubt. You had no evidence of their treachery, only a vague suspicion based on the fact that they had once had a character in a realm you were at war with, so you did something that has a very, very high chance of driving any new player away from this game forever.
--- End quote ---
I don't believe I was wrong. Because a) that was not a new player, although he played under a freshly created account and b) there is never a way to have conclusive evidence, given that information may be passed via out of game channels.
Certain players in the north have made a point of low-key taunting us ever since, on several occasions showing thorough knowledge of our internal discussions and even sending to my previous general copies of orders he had issued hours before. Having learned from previous mistakes, we have never once acted upon such acts of spying because there was no way to get actual evidence in-game. Thus we just learned to live with the fact the enemy reads everything we say.

--- Quote from: Anaris on January 20, 2020, 06:11:09 PM ---4. The fact that you still think of it in terms of a "win" for "team north" shows me that you are prioritizing in-character rivalries over out-of-character concerns like the fun of other real live human beings and the health of the game. This is deeply concerning to me, for reasons that ought to be fairly obvious.
--- End quote ---
Why weren't you concerned when the entire realm of Perdan kept saying that we were no longer having fun? Why weren't you concerned when our ooc plights were largely ignored or made fun of?
Now you want to single ME out as spoiling everyone's fun and trying to "win" the game?
No, I don't accept your accusations. 

--- Quote from: Anaris on January 20, 2020, 06:11:09 PM ---5. Giving a reason of "not following orders" for a ban of a player who, during the time since receiving the orders, has neither acted nor sent any letters, is, in fact, an Inalienable Rights violation, provided that span of time is not long enough for the character to auto-pause.

--- End quote ---
If that was the reason stated behind the ban then I guess he was technically culpable.
Still we all know this was not really a ban for inactivity.

Gildre:

--- Quote ---Thus we just learned to live with the fact the enemy reads everything we say.
--- End quote ---

I just want to say that I think this is a very mature approach. 100% it sucks if other players use OOC facets to gain IC knowlegde, and they are a detriment to the game, but I would personally always favour giving someone the benefit of the doubt and deal with spying than to punish someone for something they might not have done and possibly push a player away from the game. I know we can't appease everyone, but we have to try as much as we can, right?

--- Quote ---Why weren't you concerned when the entire realm of Perdan kept saying that we were no longer having fun?
--- End quote ---

I don't think Vita and Anaris are responsible for the fun being had in every realm of BattleMaster. It is a collaborative effort between Government members and the players to do everything they can to make a realm fun. Furthermore, isn't this the reason they made the Ruler/Admin OOC message channel? So that Rulers and Admins could have conversations OOC about how to make things more fun if islands are in deadlocked states or whatnot? Maybe Perdan needs to die for the betterment of the island, maybe the war needs to gear down and realms do 1vs1 wars, maybe there needs to be a political dynamic shift? Discussing these things in OOC is what that channel is there for.

--- Quote ---Still we all know this was not really a ban for inactivity.
--- End quote ---

Then why would he not write the appropriate reason for the ban? I really can't fathom this one. I don't see what benefit could be gained by putting the wrong/incorrect reason. I know it wasn't you, so you probably don't have any more reasoning than I do, I am just pointing it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version