Author Topic: Looking for Friendly Tester Groups  (Read 4262 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Looking for Friendly Tester Groups
« Topic Start: February 15, 2020, 10:00:39 AM »
Hey all,

I'm working on a new fantasy roleplaying game. A pen&paper or tabletop RPG. The rule system has progressed to the point where the game is playable and can be run by a GM who is not me. However, it is still incomplete and a few things (some classes, many spells, etc.) are still missing.
That said, I am looking for a few people who have a regular gaming group that would be up for a new system and would be willing to playtest it and give feedback on what works and what doesn't, which parts of the rules they had to read twice to understand and which parts were still unclear even after that, and what everyone in the group thought about the different game mechanics and so on.

My ideal playtesters are a regular group that has some experience in different game systems, is eager to try something new and ready to learn new rules and different approaches to things (my magic system is unlike most of the ones you are familiar with, for example, and my combat system is unlike anything that I've personally played so far).Very important is also that you are willing to give detailed feedback, not just "oh, it played well". I mean detailed. Good and bad points.
Also important to me is that you don't approach this as a one-shot. It doesn't have to replace your regular game, but you should be ready to play at least a few sessions or one campaign, so that you can also give feedback on levelling up and character progress and how play goes at higher levels, because it changes in style as characters grow (you start just above commoners, but it goes all the way up to epic heroes).

The rules are ca. 150 pages at this time, in english. There's a four-page character sheet (2 pages main sheet, 1 page magic, 1 page character background and history) as well.

I will send you the PDFs and you can share them with your players but please not beyond that as the game is still incomplete and I don't want an unfinished version floating around.

As I don't read the forum constantly, contact me at tom@lemuria.org if you are interested and give me a few details about yourself and your group.