Author Topic: Just a little screenshot of a feature in development...  (Read 17713 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Wouldn't it be possible to add exceptions for the more commonly used accented characters? Or at the very least keep silly symbols like asterisks and brackets and such out of there.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Yes, maybe go the other way and disallow certain characters. That might work.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
I can't recall being so excited for a feature so trivial in the grand scope of things. Maybe I've just been in the sandbox for too long...
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

songqu88@gmail.com

Did anyone say anything about army name color? Like realm name color, only...for the army.

egamma

Did anyone say anything about army name color? Like realm name color, only...for the army.

Hard for colorblind/old people/people with bad monitors to see.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I think the banners will be enough to distinguish, no?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Corwyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Here's an actual battle report (on our wiki) that I did with heraldry banners for each noble.  It was well received.

Link: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Sirion_%28Realm%29/Battles/Raiding_of_Al_Amarah/Raid_into_Montijo
Ni'Tessine Family: Corwyn (Sirion), Terril (Arcachon), Torin (adventurer)

egamma

That's very nice, Corwyn. I think that the "battle" part of the game needs a little more color to it, and the banners are just perfect, especially seeing them on the battlefield drawings.

songqu88@gmail.com

Hard for colorblind/old people/people with bad monitors to see.

That doesn't stop us from doing it for realms.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Would be cool if every player could make a banner for their family that was very customizable, but rigid at the same time. A new family with no fame would have very few options to make their banner. But as your family gets fame more options/cooler ones become available. Gold would have to be spent every time change the banner to prevent to much switching. Also individual family members' banners could automatically change based of honor and position. With more honor and prestige something like the border would get more fancy, and there could be a crown onto of the banner if King, or a fancy hat if lord.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Would be cool if every player could make a banner for their family that was very customizable, but rigid at the same time.

That is under development also, though not by me.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan