Author Topic: Inability to make selections in game.  (Read 5304 times)

louishenry3@aol.com

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Inability to make selections in game.
« Topic Start: March 03, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
I am unable to send mail to individual recipients and unable to recruit more troops. It seems like the first 1/2" or so from the left edge of the gaming area (just from the right of the sidebar that floats in every screen) will not take any input. It wasn't doing it before the change was made to opt in for advertising. So I am sure it is something created from that. I am using the Mozilla browser with ad-block plus installed. Thank You for the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to make selections in game.
« Reply #1: March 03, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »
Known bug when running full screen on wide-screen displays.

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5950

Workaround is to run your browser in windowed mode, not fullscreen, and narrow it down a bit.

In the future, please check the bugtracker (http://bugs.battlemaster.org) and post bugs there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

louishenry3@aol.com

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 03, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
Hey.

I apologize for putting post in wrong area of the forums.

I tried to get into the bugtracker....but couldn't gain access for some reason.  And I'm sorry.

I did as suggested and sqwinched up on the window, beyond the half size of snap size just to be sure. It did allow for the cursor to be placed more to the left from where it was before you suggested this solution.
Only thing that makes me wonder is that I have been using this same set up for quite a while and it's never done what it's doing now. Are you sure you guys didn't change something when the opt-in advertising dealy went into effect??

I appreciate the kind answer and timely response time.
Thank you.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 03, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »
I think there have been some changes, since the pages are broken even more in IE 7 now.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 03, 2011, 11:36:47 PM »
IE is not supported.

If we can make things work in IE by the addition of a line or two and no real effort, we'll do it, but we're not going to bend over backwards to support a browser that deliberately breaks the standards.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #5: March 04, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
hahaha, I like you attitude Timothy! ;)
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 04, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »
@louishenry3: yes. There were some changes made in the last day or two that caused the problems with the links. I believe Tom has fixed them. I have tested it in Chrome in the way I could duplicate the problem, and seems to work fine for me now.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 04, 2011, 04:07:37 AM »
Yup I know IE isn't support, and just have to deal with it while I'm at work. Just stating that I knew changes had been made since IE was even worse then before.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: March 04, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »
Yup I know IE isn't support, and just have to deal with it while I'm at work. Just stating that I knew changes had been made since IE was even worse then before.

We still like to hear about problems with IE, and sometimes they are easy to fix.