Author Topic: Shouldn't courtier options be in Actions rather than in Orders?  (Read 2657 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
It's the noble who performs the actions himself, he doesn't order anyone to do it, and doesn't need a troop to do it. Dunno, just would make more sense to me...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

songqu88@gmail.com

Ah yes, a confusing little thing huh? I had at one point some OOC exchange with Vellos about this, which essentially ended with the following (Note extreme paraphraserooney):

Vellos: "OOC mixing up terms ftw!"
Me: "Dude, it's semantics (Or some other BS I made up)"
Vellos: "No it's not (Or maybe the other way around. Couldn't care less.)"
Me: "Grr..."
Vellos: "You're too serious. Your frustration makes me lol."

So my thought is: If the player can locate it without any undue stress, whatever. It could be argued that the Survey Administration and Organize Repairs are "orders" given to the...administrative powers of a region. Maybe that might not make sense and doubtless I bet you someone like Indirik will have a counter to that thought, but really, as long as no one is confused beyond their brains' capacity with this, I don't think it makes too much of a difference.

It's an easy "fix", but remember, Courtiers can only be accessed by people who have played for at least 2 weeks or so. The majority will probably be veterans used to the current setup. I bet that if we did suddenly change it (even with an announcement sadly enough...) there will be at least five people who have played a minimum of 1 year saying "OMG Courtier is broken!" and at least one bugtracker report that says "OMG Courtier Actions Gone!!!"

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I bet that if we did suddenly change it (even with an announcement sadly enough...) there will be at least five people who have played a minimum of 1 year saying "OMG Courtier is broken!" and at least one bugtracker report that says "OMG Courtier Actions Gone!!!"

I would do exactly that for exactly that reaction. Would be funny :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

songqu88@gmail.com

Yeah, and then at least one person's going to be a condescending jerk (Not saying it has to be me necessarily redundancy is redundantly awesome) and say "You idiot, look under Actions. Read the Announcements you stooped noob blagaraba cabbage"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
If that is the price for happiness, then so be it.  ;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It could be on both for a while, with a note on the orders page next to it that it will be removed eventually.

I think this was done for something else before (minus the note).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron