Author Topic: Guild foundation character limit?  (Read 2320 times)

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Guild foundation character limit?
« Topic Start: June 06, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »
I filed a bug report on this, but wasn't sure if that was the right way to ask for help with this, so I am posting here too.

I just founded a new guild in Westgard that was intended to be called "Order of the Emerald Shield" which is what I typed in the text box. It let me type it and didn't shorten the text (I did this on mobile) but when I hit "Found Guild" it immediately shortened it and said I had founded the "Order of the Emerald Shi" -- so I assume there is a character limit.

But now the guild is founded and I have this wrong name, and there is no way to change the name that I know of, so I am stuck. Obviously if I had known about that limit prior to hitting the button I would have used a different name.

So minor issue, but I would love if the character limit could be increased by a few letter (3-5 maybe) and I am not sure if the guild's name could be changed to go with it, or if the guild could be deleted and money refunded so I could "refound" it with a different name if we can't up the limit.

Or literally any other suggestions. Thanks.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Guild foundation character limit?
« Reply #1: June 06, 2020, 06:21:17 PM »
Wherps.

Yeah, there's no good reason for a limit that short. Lemme see what I can do for you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 06, 2020, 06:23:32 PM »
....Weird, looks like your name should've fit just fine. It's fixed in the DB now; I'll take a look at the code and see why it's prematurely truncating guild names.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 06, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
Thanks a lot, Tim!