Author Topic: Secession  (Read 2702 times)

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Secession
« Topic Start: May 07, 2020, 06:22:46 AM »
Just looking for clarification, a city cannot cede from another realm unless it has 15 Noble correct? This is basically larger or more than 3/4 the size of most Realms on a particular continent, East continent particularly. I am simply looking for some clarification without having the gods that be get involved and be able to handle this in game.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Secession
« Reply #1: May 07, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
That is not entirely correct. You don't need 15 nobles in a city. You need 15 nobles in a duchy that has a city to form a new realm.

You used to not have this restriction. It was added to reduce the number of realms since we had too many small realms that were inactive and semi-dead.

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 07, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
Right, I understood correctly then. I am simply going to add my displeasure to this as this game loses players, secession is virtually non existent on the East Island as 15 nobles is more or at least two thirds of most realms.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 07, 2020, 05:35:53 PM »
Right, I understood correctly then. I am simply going to add my displeasure to this as this game loses players, secession is virtually non existent on the East Island as 15 nobles is more or at least two thirds of most realms.

It is restricted precisely because seceding with fewer nobles than that is likely to leave two non-viable—or at least significantly less-than-attractive—realms, which are both likely to have a hard time retaining or attracting players.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 30, 2020, 02:46:24 PM »
That is not entirely correct. You don't need 15 nobles in a city. You need 15 nobles in a duchy that has a city to form a new realm.

You used to not have this restriction. It was added to reduce the number of realms since we had too many small realms that were inactive and semi-dead.
I just saw this post. So I was blocked from seceding all this while?!  >:(  >:(

I used to think it depends on number of nobles in a realm before you can secede.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)