Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 63460 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #15: July 28, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
I maintain my position that, if and when I ever get around to seceding a realm, I want to name it Tuchanon, even though I have not even the slightest connection to any of the previous Tuchanons.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 28, 2011, 03:53:23 AM »
I maintain my position that, if and when I ever get around to seceding a realm, I want to name it Tuchanon, even though I have not even the slightest connection to any of the previous Tuchanons.

Do it! But skip a number. If the last was Tuchanon IV, create Tuchanon VI!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 28, 2011, 06:15:24 AM »

Tuchanon X would just look cool!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 28, 2011, 06:51:46 AM »
Tuchanon Xtreeeeem!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: July 28, 2011, 07:12:05 AM »
I would name mine "A completely ordinary realm name." I would call our Judge "Banker", our General "The Road Warrior", and our Banker "The Thief".

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 28, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
Many years ago I was trying to overthrow Corey's government in Antoza Commonwealth and I accidentally sent a "want to rebel with me" message, which was addressed to the duke, to the whole realm.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 28, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »
My funniest moment in battlemaster occurred with the wacky rebellion code:

I declare a rebellion, and have a vast majority of the realm backing me. The Ruler of our realm decides to step down therefore causing the rebellion to be declared a success and my character became ruler of the realm. Seconds later, I am banned from the realm because my rebellion has just succeeded against myself again apparently and I was banned from the realm, losing both the rulership and Ducal seat of the capitol. (Coria, Atamara)

I thought that was pretty amusing when I wasn't considering how I just screwed up everything I'd worked for a long time. ;)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 28, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
Who or what is Tuchanon?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 28, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »

I declare a rebellion, and have a vast majority of the realm backing me. The Ruler of our realm decides to step down therefore causing the rebellion to be declared a success and my character became ruler of the realm. Seconds later, I am banned from the realm because my rebellion has just succeeded against myself again apparently and I was banned from the realm, losing both the rulership and Ducal seat of the capitol. (Coria, Atamara)

I thought that was pretty amusing when I wasn't considering how I just screwed up everything I'd worked for a long time. ;)

A bit similar ridiculous thing that happened in Westmoor not to long ago. We all wanted our King gone, so Sir Nicholas(I think dead now?) starts a rebellion just to get the King out. The rest of the nobles of the realm decided to join the loyalists, but protest the King out of office because we didn't think a rebellion was necessary. Sir Nickolas' unit gets destroyed, and the King is protested out. Then a voting happens and finishes at the same time as the rebellions concludes. Since there was no King the rebellion succeeds, and many nobles lose their positions, and Sir Nicholas becomes king. Since though the voting also finished, Sir Flaylen, who won, becomes King and replaces Sir Nicholas as King as soon as he got the position.

egamma

« Reply #24: July 28, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »
Who or what is Tuchanon?

A realm name that keeps coming back.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 29, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »

Pah, it's been done. There was never a Tuchanon III. Just a successful Tuchanite rebellion in Southasland. If you wanted to be really mischievous, you'd  go back to III to fill in the blank :-P

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Tuchanon_III

Having said that all that about Tuchanon III though, totally didn't know someone had recreated Southasland in 2009, however briefly. What is it with Dukes of Tucha splintering off when the going gets tough?

That reminds me of what happened in Caergoth a couple of weeks back:

Rebellion in Caergoth   (14 days, 19 hours ago)
The government of Caergoth has been overthrown in a bloody rebellion. The leader of the rebel forces, Macrinus Sciurus, has been announced the new ruler.

Ruler Elected   (14 days, 19 hours ago)
The realm of Caergoth has elected Ishtar D'Anglos as its Queen.
She received 3% of the valid votes cast.

One day, it would be nice for rebellion code to take precedence over election code. If the rebels are storming the palace, you're probably not well placed to be having a coronation day, y'know? >.<

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 29, 2011, 03:18:37 AM »

That reminds me of what happened in Caergoth a couple of weeks back:

Rebellion in Caergoth   (14 days, 19 hours ago)
The government of Caergoth has been overthrown in a bloody rebellion. The leader of the rebel forces, Macrinus Sciurus, has been announced the new ruler.

Ruler Elected   (14 days, 19 hours ago)
The realm of Caergoth has elected Ishtar D'Anglos as its Queen.
She received 3% of the valid votes cast.

One day, it would be nice for rebellion code to take precedence over election code. If the rebels are storming the palace, you're probably not well placed to be having a coronation day, y'know? >.<

What was really amusing about that little mess was that the loyalists destroyed the rebels in the capital only to watch the seriously wounded rebel leader storm the palace anyway because there was no ruler. Add in the election override after that and, well...we just don't care anymore.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 29, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »
That was a nice rebellion party indeed, hope we throw them more often.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 29, 2011, 04:35:33 AM »
Anyone remember Toren's non-stop rebellions back on SEI? Those were pretty funny too... IIRC we had a little betting pool in Taselak, trying to predict who would be the next rebel leader and when he would have a go.