Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 63473 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #45: August 05, 2011, 04:31:40 AM »
Vellos, I honestly thought that I would log back in and find that Paul had gotten bolted for that. If I remember correctly, I didn't log in for about... 24 hours because I didn't want to know how it turned out.

...as a study on how people react to displays of power, I only had to give out... one fine? Maybe two? We're not talking about a small Avamarian population here, nearly 80% of that realm joined Oligarch - and they TALKED constantly! And yet, one threat from the "law" and they all followed. Displays of power, no matter how they are disguised, will be followed by 90% of the population - just because.

The primary form of "dissent" they used was by over-following the law, if I remember correctly. Paris especially would delete the word "Avamar" even from scout report headers or from strategy related discussions, and would replace it with work-arounds like "The City of Democracy" or some such pompous nonsense.

Then again, at that time, we were also promising them a new homeland in Oroya if Rubber Ducky succeeded... so they had incentives to cooperate.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner