Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 63432 times)

Gustav Kuriga

funniest moments in battlemaster
« Topic Start: July 26, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
Put down the funniest thing you remember seeing in battlemaster.

The funniest thing I remember is when Norland decided to declare war on Minas Ithil while MI was fighting Tara and Coria (can't remember if CE was part of it as well), and proceeded to get curb stomped by Darka.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #1: July 26, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
Probably the Itaulond secession. Or Thain boasting to Cathay that they would never sack his capital, and 2 weeks later he is trading his capital for peace.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 26, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Quotes#Famous_Last_Words

Duke Thorson Jorvik promising to JeanOlivier: "I will have your head if it took me forever." And then getting killed in battle 12 minutes later when his city is sacked.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 27, 2011, 02:12:52 AM »
Aside from things on the quotes page (which is an awesome page, by the way), then I think the funniest thing for me was when Abington attack the recently-colonized city of Wayburg, and because of the wonky diplomacy with new colonies all of the realms who had formed the colony sided with Abington against the new Kybcyell.

Made much, much sweeter because this was when the Marshal with the highest leadership on a side took charge of all the armies on that side.

So, you saw the CE, Tara, Darka, MI, and whomever else the hell was involved all marching under the banner of Grand Poopah of Abington.

Ah, the RP's that day...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 27, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
Hmm... I think that happened right before I joined Darka. I was on the next campaign, where we tried to establish a second colony down there. That was the campaign where Darka was looting Suville, and Abington's army was in Webgard, right next door. We did a sneaky maneuver where Darka moved out to Webgard. Abinton must have thought it was a misdirect by Darka trying to convince Abington to stay in Webgard. So Abington decided to call our bluff and move to Suville to catch us. Our two armies swapped regions, and we ran for it out of Abington as fast as we could, with Abington running after us. :D

irishlad222

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 27, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »
Hamilton Vita's lighting EC ablaze was pretty funny...

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: July 27, 2011, 02:44:37 AM »
The Guy Raven incident rofl. He assassinated Evangeline and got 7000 gold but he didn't want to pay property tax of Sirion. So, he Ibladesh to avoid it but he forgot to convert his bonds to gold and lost all 7k gold rofl. He quit playing after that.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 27, 2011, 02:46:43 AM »
Unpredictable game mechanics are always good for a laugh.

I remember when I started a rebellion before turn change in Toren certain of eventual victory. No-one told me that the rebellion code had been knackered for yonks and it would instantly fail when the turn came. Thing is, my co-conspirators knew about it, but because I was so enthusiastic about a rebellion they thought I knew something they didn't and let me do it. Awkward moment for everyone involved really >.<

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 27, 2011, 02:56:58 AM »
When Paul Keithson, in Oligarch, made it illegal to say the word "Avamar" outside of military discussions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 27, 2011, 05:02:52 AM »
Hamilton Vita's lighting EC ablaze was pretty funny...

I wish I'd saved some of the letters from when he was in Westmoor towards the end of that. Not to mention the tournament where he bought about 50 rounds of drinks...
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 27, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Quotes#Famous_Last_Words

Duke Thorson Jorvik promising to JeanOlivier: "I will have your head if it took me forever." And then getting killed in battle 12 minutes later when his city is sacked.

That still has me giggling.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: July 27, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »
I'm sure there have been several events in the past where a hero died in a battle the following turn after declaring his/her bloodlust. That's why I usually don't make any such remarks. Nothing good comes of it.

My example is in the summer of 2008, when some hero in Fontan who was lord of Oberndorf or something...I forgot his name, lol... He said he'd death duel Ramuh and have his head or something. Then that afternoon turn he died in some rural fighting monsters. I ultralolled and had a bunch of dudes in Fontan lining up to death duel me.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 27, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I was laughing about that one. I like reminders not to take a game too seriously, and it's hard to beat a realm named that.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 27, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
Oh yeah? Just wait until I form Tuchanon EMACS, so we can go to war with Tuchanon VI. We're gonna be so serious it'll make your brain explode.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 27, 2011, 11:25:57 PM »
You know, I've never had the honor of dealing with any of the Tuchanons. But, I approve of EMACS. Yes I do.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova