Author Topic: OOC power-gaming???  (Read 18377 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC power-gaming???
« Topic Start: May 10, 2020, 04:34:23 AM »
And yet you ignore the previous post that was directed to you specifically.
I can't say that I am surprised.

Push your agenda and rest assured that I have nothing further to add on this subject.

First of all, this is in no way constructive. The Devs and Admins have volunteered their time to work on the game. The only "agenda" is an effort to make the game fun. The idea that there is favour staked to certain players or realms is ridiculous. 99% of players don't know each other IRL, and the realms are fictitous. I don't understand why people take this low-road when they don't get the answers they like, but it is incredibly immature and I personally have no problem calling it out as garbage behavior.

There was no sympathy or concern for the fun of players in Caelint when Thalmarkin decided to "support their ally Gotland".

There is always concern for the fun of any player. That is literally what we try to do. Make the game fun and fair. That being said, the Titans and Admins do not actively police the game. It would be impossible. We rely on the community and player reports. So I ask you, was the alliance bloc system in place when this happened? If so, was Thalmarkin outside the bloc? If so, did you submit a Titan report? I can't stress this enough. If something breaks the rules, actively ruins someone's fun in a malicious way, or just seems wrong, then submit a Titan report. Don't just mention things to people. People forget, we are all fallible. Even if you don't know if it is a Titan worthy offense, submit it and let us decide. It does zero harm, but not letting us know can and usually does cause problems.

It has already been stated that this concept that was introduced today has been a long time work in progress. The fact that it is coming to fruition now and not during your particular conflict is coincidental.

*****THEIR OWN ACTIONS HAVE BROUGHT THEM TO THIS POINT.*****

So? A landslide victory is boring and no fun for anyone involved. Remember that this is a game. Believe it or not, you were not actually a citizen of Caelint who was wronged. Think about the game for a moment instead of personal vendetta. You can easily stack the deck in a war like that to have an 80% chance of victory, where the other side at least has a chance to struggle and things are still up for grabs. But outnumbering your opponent 4 nobles to 1 obliterates any chance those players have to have fun, and quite honestly is no fun for your own players.

So why do it? Because it happened to you? Grow up.

Again, I am sorry for the sarcasm, but I believe that anyone who read the entire message would likely see that the part you refer to was being sarcastic.

Don't be sarcastic. You are typing to an audience from many countries and cultures. If you try to convey a point in this environment using sarcasm, it is your fault for any miscommunication. Completely ridiculous and inappropriate. Be clear and concise if you want to be taken seriously. When I read your first post, I had zero doubt that you were defending Thalmarkin. Once you explained it, I could kind of see the sarcasm upon re-reading, but the cost is you having to explain it and we have all wasted time.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.