Author Topic: OOC power-gaming???  (Read 19053 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC power-gaming???
« Topic Start: May 11, 2020, 01:50:45 AM »
Apologies, but I am going to start at the end of your post right quick.

The funny part here, is that it seems like you are more interested in HOW the opinion is presented rather than what the actual opinion is trying to convey.

100%. That is my role in this community. I am not a Dev or an Admin. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in your actual opinions, that just isn't what drew me into this.

Though, it is also rude of Devlin to ignore my response (addressed to him specifically) to his inquiries and skip to commenting on the next comment/post.

He mentioned he didn't have a lot of time and touched on the simpler subject while he could. Getting into the hockey sock of this Thal situation takes time. There are so many factors, perceptions, misconceptions, and opinions flying around that it just isn't practical to fire off a couple of opinions from the hip. I am like 97.68% sure being rude was not his intent at all.

In the end it should work for all, but there will likely be "legitimate" ways around it.

Absolutely. No one can foresee every possible avenue. If the system is circumvented, it needs to be reported. That way, if it was malicious the person can be punished, or if it was a mistake it can be fixed on the Dev side. In no way is anyone meaning to drop these update bombs and just walk away. We want to work with all the players to make the game run the best it can.

E) Within a few days, the ideal is completed enough to go live.

The issues have been global. EC, Colonies, and now BT have suffered from it. With the issues coming to a head, it definitely jumped it up the priority list, but it is in no way an effort to save Thalmarkin in any way.

In fact, there is nothing in the update that will actively prevent Thal, or any realm, from being destroyed.

Your theory about no one enjoying a landslide victory may not be entirely accurate.

Of course, you are correct. However, most players would agree that even if they are on the winning side, they would rather have more even battles that are fun and epic and wager a little risk than blindly smash an enemy without any effort. I wouldn't go around looting regions just to raise a Peasant Militia to fight. Ineffective enemies are boring.

But, the alliance bloc does not take this into account.  It is measured by REGIONS held, not nobles.

You bring up a very good point that I am going to think about.

Your statement seems to imply that this particular situation (Thal being on "the other side" of a lopsided conflict) was orchestrated by players from various other realms.

Sorry, that is not what I meant. Absolutely, all the other realms probably have their own valid reasons for wanting to fight Thal. However, the war started between Thal and Nothoi/Irondale already looked like a losing war for Thal, and then three more realms dogpiled on. Some of these realms have been sitting on their "valid" war reasons for RL years, and now they choose to claim the pound of flesh? This is just starting the engine of that steamroller that really isn't fun. Irondale and Nothoi are already getting theirs, the other realms could easily find other places to sate their appetites so that Thal/Noth/Iron can host a fun and exciting conflict.

I am not trying to defend Thal in any way, I am just pointing out opportunist actions that are detrimental to fun.

Well, where I come from, telling one to "Grow up" is seen in quite the same light as sarcasm.

I won't be apologizing for this. You have employed a very "it happened to me, so it should happen to them" attitude, all the while saying "when it happened to me it wasn't fun at all". Perhaps it would be more appropriate to lead with that and say "Hey guys, when this happened to me it REALLY sucked. Can we try to figure out something that is more healthy for the game?"

In that light, I stand by my statement.

We do the best we can when sharing ideals and sometimes things need further explanation to get a point across.
I am also sorry for wasting both your time and Devlins while trying to share my thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Please do not refrain from sharing your opinions. They are valid. We want the community to be an open and sharing place.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.