Author Topic: OOC power-gaming???  (Read 19102 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OOC power-gaming???
« Reply #15: May 13, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »
This change is not specifically in regards to what happened on Beluaterra
Sure looks like it. Not even a bad thing, it had to be done in some manner so better now than never.

So? A landslide victory is boring and no fun for anyone involved.
Where were you when Thalmarkin declared war on Grehkia, which was five times smaller?
I know that you were in Thalmarkin. But you get what I mean.

So why do it? Because it happened to you? Grow up.
Yes, everyone who asks for fair treatment is a baby. Well done, Gildre.
Will you also go and call certain Thal players babies because they were perfectly fine inflicting something on others but are now crying foul when it happened to them?
From a titan spokesperson, I'd expect more impartial and civil discourse.

Yep. And that kind of behaviour, frankly, pisses me off. It means that they're not even interested in considering the possibility that being in a situation where you lose something IC could still be fun OOC—or, to turn that around, that they've gotten so used to being the "big dog" IC that they think they can only have fun when they're able to dictate the terms of everything that happens around them.
My thoughts exactly. At least something good came out of it - we did need a more nuanced system for war declarations and setting war goals. It can be improved but at least we have a framework for improvements now.

What worries me, is having a human third party in the equation. Titans can now decide which war declaration is excessive, thus potentially saving certain realms from a resounding defeat. Even if we can absolutely trust our anonimous titans, there's no reason to give this outstanding power to people who also play the game.