Author Topic: OOC power-gaming???  (Read 18761 times)

Weisz Guys

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: OOC power-gaming???
« Reply #45: May 19, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »
Federation and a coalition have different meanings, so it is you who are changing your story from my perspective by trying to switch those terms.  There may have been some expressions of IC solidarity in response to what were at the time your IC complaints, but these are understandable responses to you trying to drive an IC wedge between those opposing you.  You left it very late in the day to make any OOC points at all to us when we were clearly involved and they were made in pretty bad temper.

A coalition is a more temporary arrangement by definition.  In this case a shared IC common cause against Thalmarkin aggression, something that for us has roots beyond this event.

A coalition is < than an alliance.  A federation as the word meaning and the game set up will tell you is > than an alliance.

Switching those words about as though the same would be disingenuous, a word you deployed against someone who was quite aptly reflecting their scepticism on your own claim of us all being in an ““"unofficial alliance block.”””

If you think there is an agreement between Irondale/Nothoi/SV to fight on the same side in any conflict you are incorrect.  There is a treaty involving OS and SV, called the “Southern Coalition” that is also more complicated than it might seem based on IC and maybe even some OOC resentment remaining from our preceding war.

OS have not fought Irondale or Nothoi in the past.  They only fought us.  By that logic we would equally be eligible to be excluded from what you wish to present as a "uniform alliance" for the sake of your own argument.  But that does not fit with your previously stated dislike for my realm.

Making something “clear” to Irondale and reaching agreement with them are also very different things.  You only get to police who and how Irondale can talk to other parties if they agreed to your idea for a specially defined war.  They obviously didn’t agree thus you failed at the first hurdle.

It is not a personal attack to criticise a flawed argument.  If you want to be more sensitive about criticism maybe throw less of it around.  Policing people's use of inverted commas and now criticising Irondale for not agreeing with you with for what you say was in their best interests, ergo their decision was selfish etc.

Someone else is probably better placed to communicate these concepts to you so I am not looking for an ongoing flame war OOC.  I did not engage with your own posts on your personal interpretation of events as that is your subjective view and good luck with it.  If you are going to object to other players taking even "mildly" different views on events though, then I am entitled to set the record straight.