Author Topic: Game Announcements continent wide  (Read 871 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Game Announcements continent wide
« Topic Start: May 11, 2020, 08:26:25 AM »
Title:
Make Game Announcements continent wide

Details:
While we have the News Ticker, certain game updates should be sent continent wide. Perhaps it's best to just send out a golden admin message stating 'There is a new Game Announcement' or something? Or at least that you can find something new in the News Ticket. Certainly for the ones containing Updates to the game functionality.

Benefits:
Certain new features, fixes or updates actually influence live choices of people. My FR comes from the fact that we had a Duke abandoning a region being TO'ed. While I agree with the feature and the fact that without it, it would be an exploit, the player in fact never saw the Game Announcement before she did the job.

People would be informed. I happen to miss some updates as well because it's just not always clear (certainly for people not actively using the Forum).

Possible Downsides/Exploits:
Well, you would need to code that in somehow, to be automatically triggering a message to all continents. Perhaps some would mark it as being clutter and don't need it?
News Ticker is probably there for a reason, to keep it out of the game directly. So that's a thing, perhaps.

Love to hear other people's views on this.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)