Author Topic: BattleMaster Front page.  (Read 2652 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: BattleMaster Front page.
« Topic Start: May 16, 2020, 03:20:34 AM »
PolarRaven,

This is a very good point that I haven't honestly thought of much. I think it is fairly evident that there are generally two types of players: the RPer and the strategist. For the most part, players are some sort of mixture of the two. However, there are plenty of players who are heavily RP or heavily strategy.

I do agree there has been a lot of push lately towards the RP side of the house. I think this is most likely because the people who enjoy the RP side are generally more vocal than the "10 minute" strategy player. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You have put the bug in my brain, and I will mention it to the Titan team as well. I will definitely try to be actively open-minded and not classify realms as "inactive" just because of a lack of RP.

Back in the day, I think players were much more of a middle type of player. An odd RP here and there to describe what a character was doing, and most "RPing" was done by how characters interacted.

These days I have noticed that the groups have diverged a fair bit. We have wonderful storytellers who collaborate to build these massive stories. We also have brilliant tacticians who have a scientific understanding of the battle system and BM warfare strategy. I absolutely agree, BOTH are valued players.

My idea realm is built up of both players. However, that isn't always the case. RPers are often drawn to each other, the same with strategists.

This has made me curious about the War Improvement Package. The last post on that thread was 2018, so I am wondering if it was wrapped up or if there are still things coming for the strategist players. I am going to take a look through the other posts on the Development board too.

Personally, I would rather not change the Front Page, and instead work to realign ourselves to that idea.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.