Author Topic: Everyone in this Realm - Message Option  (Read 1792 times)

Kelrae

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Everyone in this Realm - Message Option
« Topic Start: June 03, 2020, 08:32:45 PM »
Title: Message Option "Everyone in the Realm"

Summary:I would like to propose a new option for sending RP posts to everyone inside your realm borders, regardless of Noble/Adventurer status, and regardless of the realm they belong to. This "Everyone in this Realm" message group would be helpful for sending role play to be inclusive of everyone that is currently within your realm borders, and share story and ambiance with the wider community as a whole.

Details: Message option available to all players to send a message to "Everyone in the realm" much like the existing "Everyone in the region" option. It would send to all nobles/adventurers regardless of realm affiliation that are in all regions belonging to the realm.

Benefits: I think this would be great for having cross-realm RP events, help engage adventurers & nobles to RP together more often, etc.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: Potential spamming to everyone in the realm or trolling by people from other realms utilizing it in the boundaries of another realm. These could be reported on a case by case basis however.

(Edit Notes: Update to use requested format)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:16:01 AM by Kelrae »

Matthew Runyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone in this Realm - Message Option
« Reply #1: June 03, 2020, 09:36:29 PM »
I'm in favour of this, more possibility of connections being made is always a good thing, in my opinion, and limiting it to those within the physical borders of the realm prevents all, I think, of the problems I've seen brought up before about continent-wide groups.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 04, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »
Cautiously in favour, though with a restriction that it can only be used for the RP and OOC message types, and an admonition that abuse of it (ie, tagging your message as one of those types, but it actually being a different type) is not allowed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 05, 2020, 07:34:38 AM »
The only downside I was able to come up with, was also denied by my own brain 5 seconds later.

Was thinking it could be an exploit to see all characters (of an enemy for example) within your own borders.
But you can easily look that up through 'Realm and Regions'.

However, not everyone does that, so a sneak attack might become exposed by these 'realm wide messages'.

I know, far fetched. It wouldn't be a reason to not include this sort of option. It's just what popped into my head when first reading this.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)