Author Topic: Overarching alliance blocs, pile in and risk aversion  (Read 8599 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Thank you for the first post and I also read Constance post and agree with the part "enemy of my enemy is not friend".

If we really wish to make things fun, we should have attempt to make not 15 nobles number require to secede.

1) Case one.
Nivemus on East Continent. I have been stuck where I cannot get my dukes to secede. Nivemus has 4 cities. A new realm can have 2 cities. Then look at number of Nivemus nobles. Not enough to secede. 15? Might as well give lands to other realm nearby and merge. Then we have land to nobles density which implemented to make things "fun". Now you see we have so many rogue lands in North of East Continent. Not to mention so many rogue lands in the East of Dwilight. That is cause and effect.

2) Case two
Irondale in so called alliance with Nothoi on Belueterra. Sirion and the rest of North realms in East Continent. Outer Tilog and its ever changing nearby realms on Colonies. Arnor and Alliance of Nations in Dwilight.

When there are so many new things implemented, inevitably there will be causes and effects. It has been said we can loot food and gold in rogue lands in Dwilight when we need them. See how my character managed to loot so much food from Nighogg Mark in Dwilight. New trend, "no need take the region, loot them to rogue and loot them when rogue".

About the big alliance. Ever wonder why all smaller realms nearby survive? By friending the nearby bigger realms. When on East Continent Sirion finally beaten Fontan without any development changes while Caligus ate Fontan city and kept it for good, it is inevitable that a realm of previous Sirion realm size will grow big. Then to control more lands, of course Sirion need to create new realm. When not put restrictions in place at that time, we can see many new realms such as First Oligarch, Nivemus from ashes of SoA, then Shadowdale. When put restrictions, then you have merger. It looks like players just implement and move along with what changes coming up. You do not want new realm with such restrictions, then we give you merger instead.

Spoken from my experience of merging Morek into Arnor, Caelint into Irondale. I have been merging realms and about to do another. Thank you for this new trend.

3) Case number 3
Players good standard, never do wrong characters and no evil characters.

On Colonies, as past ruler of Oritolon who consistently annoyed Colonial Senate for their inability to punish any realm who broke their rules, I had my character Ash Ketchum got Himoura the infiltrator to wreak havoc on Outer Tilog, Oritolon realm long time nemesis. Of course one of my characters May Ketchum was responsible for Colonial Senate founding pre-events where Outer Tilog and Lukon attacking Oritolon and she opened the gate where Oritolon defense was strongest at Iglavik. That was when we could play two characters and I played Ash as honorable while May as the hidden motive character. Given the low number of players and high number of rogue lands that cannot be claimed, cannot bring two neighbor realms together who divided by rogue lands, do you think there is interaction between two neighboring realms? That is cause and effect of the changes. You want us to be closer, maybe by merge but rogue lands make us wider. How far Arnor from Swordfell? Many rogue lands.

I do want to say, bring back two characters on an island. It is like Ying Yang. One character good, one character bad. Why can't trust your players to play the evil characters?

Case number 4
How many evil characters we have met in our characters life? Do we encourage this? There are too many heroes and heroines, honorable nobles. There should be some mischief among them to spice things up. When we need use heavy hammer rules and changes to force characters interactions, we force characters to change. The Duke character jumped to Obia Syela on Belueterra, Thalmarkin facing outnumbered odds. And suddenly some changes happened on that island and all other islands.

Sorry for if I am too honest. Here's my honest feedback as player of rulers past and current. Yes, it can be not fun playing in small realm but have you ever considered some players want that kind of style? Facing heavy and outnumbered odds. On East Island or Continent. So many realms just to beat First Oligarch. Even now Nivemus is gaining nobles as we face outnumbered one to three odds against Shadowdale. We have so many possibilities to be explore not only for Nivemus, but even Thalmarkin.

Let us see another realm example without any change intervention. See how Halcyon got reduced to Duchy of Alowca on Colonies island, they lost Duchy of Alebad which has highest infrastructures and do they complain? No. They bide their time, every big realm has their glory days and fallen days. What's Transformer quote? I rise, you fall.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)