Author Topic: Overarching alliance blocs, pile in and risk aversion  (Read 8558 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
BattleMaster is intended at its fundamental level to be a team game, with the realm as that team.

Not only is that very difficult to change, from a code standpoint, I have no interest in doing so. If you want to play Might and Fealty, you are more than welcome to go play Might and Fealty, but BattleMaster is not going to become an every-noble-for-themselves game. We've experimented with smaller team sizes before—back when we actually had the players for it—and even then, it turned out terribly.

If you don't like what your realm is doing, then a) work to change it, b) find a realm that's doing something else, or c) get enough like-minded people together to found your own realm.

If you can't get at least 14 people together who agree with you, you're not going to have enough for a particularly interesting war anyway.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan