Author Topic: Unit Payment Warning in Red after 5 days.  (Read 1673 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Unit Payment Warning in Red after 5 days.
« Topic Start: June 22, 2020, 09:52:46 PM »
Summary: At the moment, you get your unit payment warning in black which is same as your normal letters. Also, you get them too often. Instead, make it more meaningful by emphasizing it by changing its background color to read once it does become quite worrying.

Details:  I believe your unit payment color changes to red on your unit status page after not paying them for 5 days so why not do the same for the report as well? Maybe if possible, you can make it something interesting by intensifying the background red color as you get near 10~11 days when your men really start to desert you. Starting at pink around day 5 to red by day 10 or so.

Benefits: Provides more meaning to the unit payment report. Also you can visually notice it better.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: Another red letter.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unit Payment Warning in Red after 5 days.
« Reply #1: June 22, 2020, 10:00:39 PM »
Approved. I have some other ideas for how to make this kind of information more easily visible, too, but I don't want to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and this one seems pretty simple.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Unit Payment Warning in Red after 5 days.
« Reply #2: June 23, 2020, 12:24:33 AM »
Approved. I have some other ideas for how to make this kind of information more easily visible, too, but I don't want to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and this one seems pretty simple.

I think you can perfect it overtime but since this way is simple, I'd suggest implementing this way(or a simpler version if you have one) first then come back to it if you want to perfect it later.