Author Topic: Religion Est. Followers?  (Read 2135 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Religion Est. Followers?
« Topic Start: July 13, 2020, 03:15:12 AM »
So, if you look at the Order Locations option when at a temple for a religion, it tells you all the temple locations and gives you an estimated follower count.

When you choose the Religion Option "Show Spread", it shows you the estimated followers of each region, and a total estimated follower count.

My problem is that there is a 30,000 follower difference between the two.

So which one is the "more accurate" estimate? I am assuming it would be Show Spread, since it uses gold and hours...
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Est. Followers?
« Reply #1: July 13, 2020, 08:25:53 PM »
I am not too up to date on religions, but here is my GUESS.

The first number is available to all members of the religion, while the "show spread" is only available to elders/priests?

This being the case (if it is actually the case), the second set of numbers that is reserved for the "higher-ups" would more likely be more accurate.

If the first set of numbers is available to any that join the religion, it is likely that they are more skewed to prevent specific knowledge from leaking to other sources.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2020, 08:30:54 PM »
Just from a very quick skim of the code of the two pages, I believe the difference is that the former is showing you only follower counts in regions with temples, while the latter shows you followers in all regions.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 14, 2020, 01:21:16 AM »
Thank you both!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.