Author Topic: The Adventure  (Read 8725 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventure
« Topic Start: August 13, 2011, 01:30:11 AM »
Lokenth grinned, and stood up. "Three others should be no problem, Your Grace. In fact I recently have worked with two; we would share reports of the enemy and locations of their hideouts. But three you ask, and three you shall have."

Already he liked this King very much. He was down-to-earth, modest, and he had an easygoing manner. He seemed the sort of man who would be just at home on horseback, hunting for wolves and bears with hounds and horn bows, as he might swilling sour ale at a feast and pinching the bar wenches' bottoms. Emboldened, he pressed on.

"There is another thing, less... less of an issue concerning royal mandates and the like. I can offer you my private services. I raid into long-forgotten tombs and ancient crypts, but I might well find usable steel, or gold or other wealth, or tomes of lost knowledge and secret lore, even great items of power. I would be most pleased to pass anything of value I find to you - at no charge. Then too, I might find out what the common folk of your realm think about - if they are loyal, if rebellious, if content, if malcontent. I might find the locations of enemies, of infiltrators and assassins. This too I can provide to you; regular intelligence reports. I will go where you wish me, where I am needed, even where it is dangerous and at any time you desire. I may even be able to spy upon your enemies of other realms. I am yours to command, sire."

He was laying it on pretty thick, but his voice was clear and again his education made itself heard as he spoke of intelligence, politics, and mysterious items of Power. There was clearly more to Lokenth than you might see - or smell - at first.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova