Author Topic: Discord, the realities of the BM community, inclusion  (Read 8817 times)

Tideweaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
User has been warned for this post.

The entire Alexandria colony attempt has been planned OOC on discord to fit meta-game concepts, that Nivemus isn't dense enough so we should put a colony there and enliven it. This is also an example of the close-minded echo bubble I encountered. I asked why did they demand two cities from a realm when they could have subverted Nivemus, they could found their realm and actually fight for their lands, so many options but I was decried as "the problem" and "protecting bad players".

As the player who has been developing the Alexandria colony for 3 months now, you have no idea how Alexandria came to be. The entire idea was born IN CHARACTER after my character (Daizen Tideweaver) decided to start seeking greener pastures than Perleone. A massive two part roleplay was sent to the guild Imperial Embassy and Perleone before Daizen left to Perdan to pursue a colony effort through the ROGUE islands. Then the conclusion that a colony would only be successful if it had mainland access was a natural conclusion that was drawn. And that is how the city of Kazakh was targeted. Not Nivemus. Nivemus just happened to be the realm that held the city, and managed it poorly.

So perhaps don't act like you have information that you do NOT have. You spout the birth of the idea of the colony like you knew how it happened. Your statement is entirely false.

Here is a copy of my initial roleplays from MONTHS ago while my character was still in PERLEONE:

Roleplay from Daizen Tideweaver 
Message sent to everyone in Imperial Embassy (64 recipients) - 9 days, 35 minutes ago
Lords and Ladies of the Embassy,
I am Sir Daizen Tideweaver, Vice-Marshal of the Blazing Swords in Perleone. Now that our conflict with Yssgard is coming to a close I seek one that can assist me in interpreting a reoccurring dream. Whether it be a sage, a known prophet wise beyond their years, or simply an elder who has seen far more of life than I. While I know this embassy is meant to facility diplomacy between the many realms of the south, this is the largest forum of which I can appeal for answers. This dream, it drives me. It causes me to long for something but I do not know what that something is. It feels like a call to adventure yet I am unsure of anything. Where, who, what, or why. If this was just a passing dream I would dismiss it, but it has been invading my much needed rest for some time now. Allow me to share the dream as I vividly relive it while penning it on this parchment. Its damn near poetic.
I dream of a city so small and dark,
dead trees creaking and shedding bark,
the scent of salt wafts through the air,
When suddenly horses everywhere.
A rider emerges,
with purpose and poise,
a battle rages,
with much blood and noise.
The rider's sword clashes,
his enemy is found,
shedding years of apathy
that kept this land bound.
With much measure and mettle,
The rider strikes down his foe,
the pointy eared devil,
suffers the fateful blow,
A golden city with chapels,
at the rider's hands has been bested,
for from his nemesis the golden apple,
had been properly wrested.
Again, I do apologize if this is not the proper forum, but I seek answers and guidance. There are many influential and wise nobility and I would seek to draw upon its collective wisdom. What is ones interpretation of this?Are there any others who have experienced this dream or something similar? It fills me with equal parts exhilaration and dread. Fellows of the embassy, thank you for reading this missive. I do not blame a single soul for binning this parchment as it comes across your desks, but I welcome all inputs on a matter that has been costing me much of my precious sleep and filling me with a feeling of incompleteness.
Many thanks.
May the Tides flow ever in your favor,
Sir Daizen Tideweaver, Knight of Ibladesh, Vice-Marshal of the Blazing Swords

Roleplay from Daizen Tideweaver 
Message sent to everyone in Imperial Embassy (64 recipients) - 6 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes ago
Embassy,
Many thanks for the feedback on my reoccurring dream. I have been able to gain some enlightenment from many different perspectives.
Between my travels I was able to study a map and some basic histories. Surprisingly, I am in agreement with Octavian of Yssgard which I was something I never thought I'd pen to paper. Based on what I've been able to glean from my meager studies on the road, the city from my dream is Kazakh. At least it matches what I see in my dream on paper. I do not know much about the realms of Nivemus or Sirion, but history states the realms have been stagnant for some time and Sirion once had ancestors with ears that were considered pointed. I do not know much about Sirion city though the Golden Apple seems to be an appropriate metaphor in this case.
Imperatrix Kingsley, I was wholly unfamiliar with the Nivemus banner or Eponllyn culture until your missive. This leads me to believe Earl McArbin's interpretation of literal horses, massive hordes of cavalry cutting down the armies of formless shadowy figures. The only figure to truly come into focus was the "pointy-eared devil" who was humanoid in shape rather than daimonic (to answer your question Earl McArbin). I do whole heartily agree with your Imperatrix, the slaying seems to be a dark omen to me as well. But I cant shake the feeling that the stagnation of these lands is connected to the "pointy-eared devil" and to slay him would bring life to the stagnation.
Lastly, Knight Rogos pointed out some very interesting symmetry between some ancient histories of those lands and my dream. Connections I would have never thought to have made that just leads me to believe that Kazakh is the city of the omen. I am also facinated by what you shared with me privately, and shall  make for the Perdan Mines when my duties allow.
As I dwell more and more on the dream, and its meanings and interpretations. The dream now grows and evolves. Allow me to share:
For humble knights of three and five,
Awaken a land that yearns to thrive,
Small city of dark in need of a riot,
shall be the key to fell the goliath,
The roaring of mighty lions off in the distance,
Are needed to fully pierce the mighty resistance,
Many pointy-eared devils hide in the woods,
From the rider and knights they ensure they're obscured,
But no amount of dark from their trees,
Will keep the rider from finding thee.
Again Lords and Ladies of the Embassy, thank you for your time.
May the tides flow forever in your favor,
Sir Daizen Tideweaver, Knight of Ibladesh, Vice-Marshal of the Blazing Swords

-Robert Wilson (Tideweaver Family)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:45:28 AM by Victor C »