Author Topic: Discord, the realities of the BM community, inclusion  (Read 8749 times)

Luitolf

• Peasant
    • View Profile
There are a few things to unpack here.

First of all, Nivemus is in not way being attacked "because discord". That is an absolute ridiculous notion. Nivemus is a target because they both essentially have rogue lands they hold on to, meaning several regions they could never put a lord in, and their own actual in character actions. I can personally attest to this as I was in Nivemus. I went there, did as I was told, marched with the armies, and yet was kicked out of every estate I ever took. I was told that I must march with the armies, and when I brought up that I could not afford a unit because I couldn't take and estate, I was told I was a trouble maker and that I should leave. This has happened to more than one person that I have seen. I was a brand new player back then and had no idea even what a Titan was, so don't come at me about "Oh why didn't you report them!!!!". This is an absolutely horrendous way to treat a new player, and yes, Brock as the ruler, was as directly responsible for this treatment as the rest of the council and the lords in question of the regions. If I did not already have other characters elsewhere, and know that the entire game wasn't like that, I likely would have quit the game completely. In fact, I did quit EC completely for a long while, and only came back because some on discord actually convinced me that it was worth trying other realms. I had though this is how EC played and I wanted no part of that absolute trash of treatment to players. And before people come in asking me "what I did", because I was hounded with those same questions on discord from some, not a damn thing. I joined the realm, and was told to march with the army. I did so. I was kicked out of estates, never allowed to have one. In fact, I have never met the armies of the north in combat the entire time I have played BM, even when I had a character in the south. Yet, while I was in Nivemus I did fight against the south several times. Was still treated as nothing more than a stat stick to move around as they pleased. I'm sorry, but these are inexcusable actions and if I had known what the titans were at the time I 100% would have reported this crap. I am not the only one that has been treated badly there.

Secondly,  it is not discords fault that things change. At least the people on discord can be confronted. Unlike those that hide in the Admin/OOC chat in game. If you want discord to have your view point, you need to rejoin and have more people with your view join as well. There has actually been a lot of discussions among the admins and moderators in how to reign in the more toxic personalities on discord, but no matter how much is brought in, other view points will never been seen if people only come in as ones and twos. A single voice is rarely heard, but thats doesn't mean they are less valid. There is more than one way to play this game. There always will be. None of them are wrong, even if some people don't have fun with some ways to play. I'm not overly found of just marching to war endlessly. I don't hate it, but it that's all there is I'll pass. Others love it, it's why they play. They aren't wrong for wanting to play that way. The main issue I see, and I have expressed this both on discord and in game both to other players as well as the mods and admins, is that there very clearly is 2 sides forming, and both sides view the other as the enemy. This is what is wrong with the game. Neither side is the enemy. They are just two different ways to play and have fun. What we need is to find a compromise between the 2 sides so that both sides can have fun without ruining the fun of the other side.