Author Topic: Do those that control this once wonderful game treat the game as.(read for more)  (Read 2134 times)

Tideweaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
I, personally, am grateful to Tim and Ethan for voluntarily taking on the responsibility to keep Battlemaster running. If they hadn't after Tom left, we would not have had any form of Battlemaster at all to come back to. They both put in hours and hours of unpaid volunteer work keeping the game up and making changes for no personal gain at all. Hell, I havent seen either actually play the game since my return.

Yes, there have been some rule changes. But I genuinely believe  they were made with the best intentions to improve the experience for all players, but particularly new and returning ones. There are players that have been around for years, not unlike your wife, who have so much time in a realm, and so much influence, that its difficult for newer or returning players to engage a realm and make an impact. We have seen a pattern where a group of players try to change the status quo so to speak and the veterans jump them and put them down to go right back into the same stagnation they were in before.

There may be some long time players who do not like the changes. Rarely does any change ever go into effect that everyone is on board with. But at the end of the day, it is their game and how they choose it run it is their choice. We need to respect that if even we do not like or agree to the changes they make. For example, I personally dislike the change of 15 nobles required for a secession. But I understand WHY they implemented the change even if I dont like it personally, and I have to respect that this is the rule now and plan accordingly.

I am sorry that you, and Kat, have fallen into the camp that dislike the changes. I sincerely hope you both try to embrace them because it would be sad to see you go. However, I must vehemently disagree with your interpretation of Tim and Ethan's actions.