Author Topic: Do those that control this once wonderful game treat the game as.(read for more)  (Read 2133 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Since you asked for player opinions, here goes mine.

I recently mentioned somewhere on Discord my discontent over what has been going on on the East Continent, after Perleone got told not to intervene in Caligus vs Shadowdale.
(It might be worth saying I only unpaused my character a few months(?) back so I don't grasp the full what's-going-on yet)

However, I was saying this not because it wasn't justified. With the new rules and all, it just might have been justified to tell us off. I was discontent that they have to resort to these things to keep the game fun for everyone.

On BT I was on the other end of the spectrum, being a member of Thalmarkin and being ganged up on by almost the entire continent. They intervened as well.
So from my point of view, they are doing things consistently and not just to screw over one party or the other they don't like.

On top of that, and trust me on this, they do not like to do this. They are not getting up in the morning hoping they can intervene some more and get some more people complaining about them.
From what I know, they would much rather like to be the silent worker bees in the background which they have been doing for so many years.
I've been on that end as well, in the Dev team to help where I can. It is hours, days,.. that they put in every week and month, to keep this game running.
What they get in return? A bunch of people whining about not being able to win Battlemaster.

Rules are there for everyone. Abide by them as much as you know how to. Occasionally someone will break the rules. But in that case I hope it to be by accident and not the backroom scheming like we often find it to be done now.

This game can be a lot less toxic if the players themselves just act like it's a game, and not a contest to get the most points or wins.
And yes, I've been on the losing side as well. I've been on the 'whining' side as well. I'll have to adapt as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)