Poll

Do you believe that there is a inalienable Rights violatioin by one or both?

Yes, both are guilty
1 (11.1%)
Tim is guilty and Vita is not.
0 (0%)
Vita is guilty and Tim is not.
0 (0%)
NEITHER ARE GUILTY.  YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 22, 2020, 07:22:32 AM

Author Topic: possible inalienable rights violation from Tim and Vita (titans)  (Read 2422 times)

Rodney Ogren

• Peasant
    • View Profile
With the recent actions against a number of Realm Council members in multiple kingdoms and islands.  These were done for the reason that those they lightening bolted would not run their respective offices according to the current will of the Tim and Vita.  The seem to each control a number of islands and/or Realms and play these islands and realms as their personal game against each other.  And when one of their pawns steps out of line they are bolted. 

I started playing somewhere around 2004/5.  I have seen Battlemaster at its prime.  I love this game.  I am angered at how players are being treated and controlled by two people.

But I am looking for a consensus of the overall player base. 

I would also like those that have been affected to tell their story in the comments for all to see.

Tideweaver

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Rodney,

Neither Tim or Ethan have played the game at all in the 5 months I have returned to the game. They have however, began enforcing and enacting new rules in an attempt to combat necessary dog-piling as well as instituting a new alliance bloc rule to prevent the stagnation that led to the downfall of Atamara as a continent.

Sirion, Nivemus, and Eppyllon were in clear violation of the alliance bloc rules established. The unwarranted joint attack from Nivemus and Sirion assisting Eppyllon against Shadowdale broke this rule and revealed these three realms are participating in an alliance that violates the bloc sizes. Sirion was not allied to Eppyllon nor at war with Shadowdale. Nivemus was not at war with Shadowdale or allied with Eppyllon. Neither of these realms had the in character reason to assist Eppyllon in their battle against Shadowdale in a war they declared. Instead they attempted to plead ignorance which was found false when the admins went through their messages. So not only did they participate in an illegal alliance bloc, they lied about it.

I'm sorry your wife's character was removed from power in Sirion, but as the ruler of Sirion she was responsible for ensuring the rules of the game are observed in Sirion. As was the additional leadership removed from the 3 realms. This was a clear and irrefutable violation of the alliance bloc rule that has been around for some time now. This was not an episode of Delvin (Tim) or Vita (Ethan) abusing their admin powers to control the game. Those players violated the established rules, were given a chance to defend themselves, and were rightfully punished.

Bravo.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I voted for NEITHER ARE GUILTY.  YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND

I don't see this thread as being very helpfull.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I have to vote No. Nobody guilty here. Allow me to give my opinion.

As player of Brock Ketchum, Nivemus Ruler and now ex-Ruler, I have heard a lot of arguments and points made regarding Nivemus. I even changed Brock character considerably. I am thankful to both Tim and Vita here. Whenever I have questions, I can consult them and they patiently answered my questions.

Though I disagreed with Tideweaver statement that we are given chance to defend ourselves, I never did get opportunity to defend myself. All I hear are a lot of negativity surrounding Discord, Forum even including Ketchum family is bad but I take it as a pinch of salt. If my characters are really playing not in the way the developers wanted, then we have to change it. I even joined in OOC discussion on all Rulers channel, apparently it was not enough defend. I even initiated talk with Eponllyn that we should merge immediately, I even talk with Perdan Ruler that we should let bygone be bygone. Of course all it takes is one letter to discriminate Brock whole efforts. As Nivemus Ruler who is allied with Sirion Ruler, is it too much for Brock to ask Sirion Ruler what happening since Sirion army is nowhere to be found? And I was even called power gaming in another thread. It is no wonder many players avoided forum and OOC. I give and gave chance to practically anyone to become lords and one even became duke and rebel in Nivemus. I even spread the positions to anyone who just requested for it, instead of keeping to a certain group. Only when noone interest, only my character stepped in. My character was punished by rebellion, spite on his trust and he still trusting people until people call him names. It is a wonder that Brock still trust people these days. I practically play him as full of anger character at beginning, developing to someone I cannot recognize anymore just to adapt to the changes.

Bravo.

Anyway it is not Tim or Vita fault. It is Brock who everyone say Ketchum family playing differently than what they wanted.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
For clarification:

The inalienable rights are:

Playing at your own speed, timing and activity level, i.e. logging in as often or seldom as you like, at whatever times you like.
    Choosing which type of unit to command
    Going to tournaments
    Pausing your character(s) because you have a real life to attend to
    Choosing your class

Players were stripped from Government positions. Nothing was against the IRs.

I started playing somewhere around 2004/5.  I have seen Battlemaster at its prime.  I love this game.  I am angered at how players are being treated and controlled by two people.

1) The game changes. 2004 era BattleMaster had its own problems. The game is going to keep on changing.

2) Quite frankly, I am angered at how we have presented the red flags and warning signs, given the opportunity to reset all diplomacy and realign, and have pushed for OOC Admin/Ruler discussions, only to be ignored by the rulers and have the island fall back into the same problematic climate that we just pulled it out of.

This type of forum post is not constructive nor helpful in the least. If you want to help and be involved in the progression of this game, that door is wide open for anyone.

If you want to complain and rail against the "system", and cause trouble, then I suggest you find a different game.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.