Author Topic: Good Job Dudes  (Read 3740 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Good Job Dudes
« Topic Start: September 03, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
I wanted to congratulate everyone involved in the transformation done to the East Continent and to all the rps and events that brought us up to it.

Very well done, and I wanted you to know that as a player I think it is a good job done.

As a character, Benjamin may have some bones to pick with you, but me the player loves it.  :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Good Job Dudes
« Reply #1: September 04, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
Thanks a lot ;D

It's always a risk doing big changes like that; I've been pleasantly surprised at the response thus far.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 06, 2020, 05:09:52 AM »
I'm curious what in particular brought on the changes?

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 06, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
Thanks a lot ;D

It's always a risk doing big changes like that; I've been pleasantly surprised at the response thus far.

Good to see people view the changes positively. I mean the past few big changes did not involve any good memories for the majority of players... Good to finally see an interesting change.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 06, 2020, 02:56:07 PM »
I'm curious what in particular brought on the changes?

They're a long time in coming, particularly the breaking of Sirion's defensive wall. We also knew that the islands were just too poor to be viable as anything but a realm of outcasts, which doesn't make for good gameplay.

I'd been working on a few different versions of a modified EC for a little while, after asking Rowan on Discord to put together some mockups (the majority of the change in overall design can be credited to him, though I mixed and matched from his versions), but was concerned over possible backlash, primarily from Sirion and Nivemus. Then, when they pulled that stunt in Commonyr, I decided I didn't care what Sirion and Nivemus thought; I was going to do what I knew was best for the continent as a whole.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 12, 2020, 10:51:21 PM »
Oh also is the traversability of the seas new? I actually hadn't had a chance to try them before.