Author Topic: Lukon is too big....  (Read 12889 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Lukon is too big....
« Reply #15: April 09, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
I'll agree with Valast on that one. My character was the General/Ruler of Alowca in its dying days, but she was still offered a place in Lukon (I think there was even an offer from Oritolon, as long as I didn't mind being shunned for a while).

egamma

« Reply #16: April 09, 2011, 04:29:35 AM »
On the subject of bans...Valast...care to take Lucius back? I can see why he's been banned twice. He's just charged Gellin, Chancellor of Giblot, with treason!

It would be more hilarious if he wasn't so...annoying. I can't tell if that's the player or the character.

text:

Roleplay from Lucius Domitius   (1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
Gorham Pearson, Inquisitor of Giblot,

this way I am officially pressing charges for treason against Giblot democracy against Gellin Gellander, Chancellor of Giblot.

Case 1:

Details for referendum "Fiduciary elections":
Initiated by Gellin Gellander, Chancellor of Giblot, 3 days left for votes. 28 participants are invited to vote.
Text of the referendum:
This referendum is for Giblot's constitution.

Please vote for one the following:
Giblot-Current system with all nobles voting monthly
Briarull-All nobles vote quarterly
Wirkfyr-Lords vote monthly
Ammersfield-Lords vote quarterly
Dalverdy-Lords (representative) vote monthly
Dregna-Lords (representative) vote quarterly

Note that the (representative) means that region lords with more knights get more votes.

If no choice gets a majority of possible votes, then there will be a runoff between the top two choices.

This referendum requires a qualified majority to pass.

Case 2:

Details for referendum "General election":
Initiated by Gellin Gellander, Chancellor of Giblot, 3 days left for votes. 28 participants are invited to vote.
Text of the referendum:

Note that the (representative) means that region lords with more knights get more votes.

Case 3:

Details for referendum "Inquisitor election":
Text of the referendum:

In all three cases Chancellor Gellin Gellander betrayed Giblot democracy simply by giving following options:

Explanation:
- all Nobles have right to vote or not to vote
- that is foundation of democracy
- if majority can take right to vote from anyone simply by voting that he do not have right to vote then it is not democracy any more
- if Nobles do not have right to vote then it is not democracy any more
- if some Lords have more votes then the other simply because they have more knights (etc. we are all equal but some are more equal then the other) it is not democracy any more
- all upper stated options can not be legal in democracy

Chancellor Gellin Gellander confirmed that those options mean exactly what I said:

Letter from Gellin Gellander
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
Please explain what following options mean:
1. Lords vote monthly (quarterly)
Does it mean that Nobles do not have right to vote?

Correct. Well, technically the nobles are entrusting the election to the lords.

2. Lords (representative) vote monthly (quarterly) - Note that the (representative) means that region lords with more knights get more votes.
Do

To reply on: "Well, technically the nobles are entrusting the election to the lords."
Well, technically that would be changing democracy to monarchy.

Duo to all stated I am asking:
- all three referendums to be canceled duo to illegal options
- Gellin Gellander to step down from the position of Chancellor of Giblot and new elections to be announced
- 6 month ban on getting any position or Lordship in Giblot for Gellin Gellander for treason against Giblot democracy

Lucius Domitius (Knight of Giblot)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 14, 2011, 07:49:54 PM »
HAHA... good times.

Um... I think I will leave that up to the Judge... I E no way in heck.

Oh im sure there is an IC way to get back into good standing but proly not.

Then again...Valast is a very old man.  Most of Lukons Barbarians are old people who just haven't died in battle yet.  When they start to die out, the whole island dynamic will start to change.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 15, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
Dang!  Should have predicted lotto numbers instead!

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 15, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
A sad day. Valast will be missed as a character, played quite a part in Rax's development.

Lukon is too big, but the rest of the realms don't always help themselves. Outer Tilog is now happily friendly with them, but in the past, when these concerns were first raised IC, we plotted with all the other realms (except Oritolon) with the intention of taking Portion and forming a new realm.

All of this plotting and planning went well until Giblot decided they'd make the most of us being diverted elsewhere and try to take over the rest of Outer Tilog... Now, everything is as it was. The only time Rax has ever turned on anyone, only to then be let down by allies...

With Valast now gone though :( , who knows what might happen in Lukon...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 15, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »
hehe... He was around a long time thats for sure.  Helped me learn the game ic and ooc.  And playing him helped me to learn a lot about myself and the real world too....such as how to have a thicker skin.

Oh James that was not the first time that had happened you know.  It is hard to find people who can remember back all the way back 7 or 8 years  :P

OT and Valast go way back too.  Fighting off the Lich King was fun.  Saving your scurvy arse from Giblot to get your city back... Well anyway, could go on for hours like a REAL old barbarian with stories.  but um..that would make me look like a lame geek.  Which I am, but I dont want to LOOK like one!

Ahhh well.  I suppose the question now is where do I put my new character and where?  Was thinking Valda...Daughter of Valast.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 16, 2011, 01:32:23 AM »
Ahhh well.  I suppose the question now is where do I put my new character and where?  Was thinking Valda...Daughter of Valast.

I'd tap that   ???
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

egamma

« Reply #22: April 16, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
Yes, a sad day for Giblot as well...now that we've done you the favor of knocking you off, Ares is probably going to bring the army over. Did you intend for Valast to die, standing alone in that region for a week?

I may have to change Gellin into a hero, just to give them someone to kill.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 18, 2011, 06:34:02 AM »
Naaa.  I just played him the way he was meant to be played.  Put him in harms way and leave him there until he cant fight or there is nothing to fight.  Actually tho, I thought he would have reinforcements from the Assassins.  No one else knows about that request but Val and Aramon tho as far as I know.

Ares may bring the barbarian horde north in full force.  Not sure as I couldn't get any messages being dead and all.  But this should help liven up the colonies for a bit right?  Offers chances for people to unite against a weakened Lukon... drive wedges into orit lukon relations... even trick Lukon into marching to Giblot while the assassins and MT swing around to hit portion.  Lots of options... lots of fun I hope!

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 18, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
Actually tho, I thought he would have reinforcements from the Assassins.  No one else knows about that request but Val and Aramon tho as far as I know.

Actually, I was planning for Assassin forces to arrive (and Minas Thalion forces too) since I've seen a couple of them walking about and there have been a few infiltrators skulking around. So I didn't know they were coming, I just presumed they were :D

But I guess I've just had 'surprise we brought extras' drilled into me from fighting Lukon back in the Alowca days :)

And yes, the Lukon army is going to walk up and destroy Giblot:

New Hostilities   (6 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Lukon has just signed a new War declaration called "The Complete Destruction of Giblot" against the realm of Giblot.

It should be fun! I think it might be a little more difficult for me to defend against this one. Back in Alowca we had just one region with a tonne of militia to fend off Lukon/Oreo forces. Now there's a few regions, Lukon/Tilog/Assassin(?)/Thalion(?) forces to defend against.

But I guess being only a Marshal this time and not a General, it's not my place to worry about that sort of things, I just have to win the battles given to me this time :P

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 20, 2011, 03:23:15 AM »
haha it will be fun times for sure!

egamma

« Reply #26: April 22, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »
It should be fun! I think it might be a little more difficult for me to defend against this one. Back in Alowca we had just one region with a tonne of militia to fend off Lukon/Oreo forces. Now there's a few regions, Lukon/Tilog/Assassin(?)/Thalion(?) forces to defend against.

Dont be too sure about the makeup of both sides.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 03, 2011, 02:54:08 AM »
whaaat?

No one is ban on sight in Lukon.  Thats something I have made sure of.  Heck we have even offered Innocent a place to come aboard.  Of course staying very long depends on actions...but...

Well, I embezzled 75% of all the gold in Oritolon then jumped ship to Atamara.... Giblot and Assassins seem to not know, or have forgotten what my other char did, so meh.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 27, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
Well, I embezzled 75% of all the gold in Oritolon then jumped ship to Atamara.... Giblot and Assassins seem to not know, or have forgotten what my other char did, so meh.

Oh, Aramon knows, he always knew. You think Aramon survived this long as Shadow Tyrant, with enemies like Innocent and Sedgewick, without having some connections and trusted allies? *waggles eyebrows*

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 19, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
Some Duke needs to secede ;) or better yet, swear allegiance to someone else.
I agree. Some realms make the Dukes a better offer to secede perhaps.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)