Author Topic: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!  (Read 46392 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!
« Reply #15: March 06, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
Search for pretty plenties, as suggested, but then also have Leia try to search for pretty plenties IN the Path of Chivalry Temple, thereby possibly disturbing some holy relics.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 06, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »
If there are nobles in the region you should challenge one of them to a duel. I don't know if you actually can do that but you should try.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: March 06, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
@Igelfield: Commoners can't duel nobles.

Now that we have 16 hours, it's time to see how well 10 h gather + 6 h rest works.

You wander around the rural and...
1st hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
2nd hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
3rd hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
4th hour: You find nothing.
5th hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
6th hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
7th hour: You find nothing of value.
8th hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
9th hour: You are disturbed by peasants and militia and can not gather anything.
10th hour: You have found some bee's wax.

After ten hours of being disturbed by annoying people, all Leia had to show was a lump of bee's wax. She kicked the grass in annoyance. Those stupid peasants and soldiers kept chasing her off while she tried to check for items in shop barrels. Those pesky guards at the temple even turned her away because she didn't have 5 gold.

"Aw t'ell w'this." Yawned Leia as she promptly went to sleep on the floor.

==============================

Inventory
Lump of Wax: 1

Money: 4 silver

Hours: 0

Fatigue: 2

==============================

We are still in the same region. It seems as though there is too much clutter here. Perhaps we should move to another area?

Neighbouring Regions
travel to...
Alowca (Oritolon)
very bad road, 216 miles, ca. 16 hours
hitch a cart (2 gold, 1 silver, 14 hours)
take a boat (2 gold, 2 silver, 11 hours)
Irdalni (Oritolon)
very bad road, 190 miles, ca. 15 hours
hitch a cart (1 gold, 11 silver, 13 hours)

egamma

« Reply #18: March 06, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
Irdalni has my vote. too many peasants and militia in the big city.

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 06, 2011, 08:00:59 PM »
Irdalni seconded.
I would also like to add that I have just found that even with only 5 fatigue I got the "You find yourself too tired to concentrate well enough" message when trying to collect items.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 06, 2011, 10:58:32 PM »
Irdalni as well.

But only on the road. No faster travel. And Leia should collect twigs along the way and stick them in her hair.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #21: March 07, 2011, 01:07:39 AM »
While travelling, Leia should meet another advie who's choosing to stay (or move, whichever you'd like), and then she should violently attack him just to find that he, like her, found nothing of worth in the city. :P  She's supposed to be crazy, no?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #22: March 07, 2011, 02:15:15 AM »
Her personality is arrogant but cowardly, with a bit of megalomania. She is only as crazy as the Beamers will her to be.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #23: March 07, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »
Ah, then she should proudly wave her bee's wax to her fellow adventurers until they take out their Super Awesome Unique Item and show it to her. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 07, 2011, 03:48:14 AM »
She should use the beeswax as a hair product while traveling to Irdalni, trying to find another adventurer to protect her from the Zimbats. What is a Zimbat? Who knows. But one of the Beamers keeps warning her to...

BEWARE THE ZIMBATS!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #25: March 08, 2011, 02:20:15 AM »
Would you believe that there are no nearby adventurers? There are only useless nobles who can't have portal stones anyway.

After stomping through grass that quickly became very boring to Leia after the third hour she spent walking through monotonous fields of green grass, Leia decided to take a piece of her bee's wax and rub it into her hair. The russet strands were already messy from snooping around various dumps for items, and the wax only made it clump in a mass of dirty red.

"Di'should protec'me from zimbats." Said Leia proudly, as she threw the stiff mess of hair behind her shoulder.  "Beats me wha'a zimbat's, bu'm'advisors speak t'me." She suddenly snapped her head around as though someone were talking to her. A moment later she began waving around her wax trying to attract the attention of other adventurers.

"C'mere ad'turers! I got good beeswax t'trade for portal stones!" Yet at most she managed to get a cow to moo skeptically at her. The rest of the twelve hour walk was rather uneventful, but Leia was glad that no zimbats crossed her path. Gripping her twig tightly, Leia was prepared to fight at all times.

At last, green grass gave way to sandy ground, and palm trees appeared out of nowhere. But once she got to the sand, Leia fell down and stopped walking, clearly unable to go any further.

====================

Hours: 0
Fatigue: 17

Inventory

Lump of Wax x1

Commoners

None  :o

Landmarks

The Path Of Chivalry temple

We are currently in Irdalni.

Neighbouring Regions
travel to...
Abaka (Minas Thalion)
good road, 150 miles, ca. 7 hours
hitch a cart (1 gold, 1 silver, 6 hours)
Alowca (Oritolon)
bad road, 118 miles, ca. 8 hours
Grentzen (Oritolon)
good road, 223 miles, ca. 11 hours
Warmanoras (Oritolon)
very bad road, 190 miles, ca. 15 hours

Ok, so Leia finally arrived in Irdalni and she's dead tired. What shall she do after her beauty sleep is over? Let me note that it will take approximately 66 hours before she regains maximum time pool with zero fatigue.  :o Yeah, that is quite...  >:(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:28:16 AM by Artemesia »

egamma

« Reply #26: March 08, 2011, 03:58:45 AM »
Let me note that it will take approximately 66 hours before she regains maximum time pool with zero fatigue.  :o Yeah, that is quite...  >:(

17 hours fatigue should be erased in 24 hours--just wait until she has the full 16 in her pool and then rest.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #27: March 08, 2011, 12:20:28 PM »
Remember this is colonies. :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #28: March 08, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
We have some letters!

Letter from Ash Ketchum
Young Amvaroleia,

Welcome to Oritolon. Should you have question, do please ask around.

Ash Ketchum
Minister of Justice of Oritolon, Ambassador of Oritolon

Ash...Ketchum...I think I've heard that name from somewhere...

:o No way...Poor Ash must've gotten lost while time-traveling with Celebi. Next message!

Letter from Jepel
Amvaroleia,
I am currently hunting monsters around here. I send this message as an invitation to join my hunts. Please respond as soon as you able as I plan my third hunt tomorrow around 5 am. (OOC:-8 GM timezone).

Jepel (Outlaw)

Letter from Jepel
Here is the link : Monsters Location (group #3 in Irdalni)

Jepel (Outlaw)

How shall we respond to this fellow adventurer?

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 08, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
This man is offering to lead you on the path to treasure hording monsters, obviously he is one of your servants.

(I can't resist this, after all the ideas Garret put into Keichus' head)