Author Topic: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!  (Read 46599 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!
« Reply #75: March 17, 2011, 03:22:52 AM »
Or one that has hunted for a LONG time and maxed out their equipment, gold kinda builds up after that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #76: March 17, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
Or one that has hunted for a LONG time and maxed out their equipment, gold kinda builds up after that.

Speaking of maximizing, I think Leia needs to spend 20 gold on her combat equipment and adventuring gear.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: March 18, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
Indeed, buy gear.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #78: March 25, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
So if I ever do anything like this again, I'll do it somewhere other than Colonies. Man, what was I thinking doing it on Colonies...

Anyway, Leia's got more stuff now.

Inventory

Common Items

Adventure Gear (10x)
Battered Armour
Bear Hide
Combat Gear (11x)
Junk
Lump of Wax

So there's the gear, and in addition to the holy beeswax, Leia has some...junk, and bear hide. I guess the bear hide can be wrapped around her armor and stuff, but the junk? What is the nature of this junk anyway?

egamma

« Reply #79: March 25, 2011, 03:14:06 AM »
Junk should be discarded--it's a distraction placed in Leia's path by her enemies.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #80: March 27, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »

Or by entering guilds and stealing all the money you can get from the treasury. (don't let the nobles find out what you did, though!)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: March 27, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »
Or by entering guilds and stealing all the money you can get from the treasury. (don't let the nobles find out what you did, though!)

That would require having a rank that allows debt, or getting some serious grants. Neither is very likely at low levels of membership. Mind you any guild that does have this problem deserves to be rob by a commoner.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #82: March 27, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »
Focus, Beamers.

Leia's been doing some rummaging and is now ready to go to a frat house party with 4 kegs of beer. Or rather, she would be training her keg standing beer funneling skills if frat houses existed in this universe. Oh, I think I'm breaking the fourth wall here. Oh well.

Inventory

Common Items

Adventure Gear (10x)
Battered Armour
Bear Hide
Combat Gear (11x)
Junk
Lump of Wax
Thief's Hand

Useable Items

Keg of Beer (4x)

And her stats:

Physical Age:   20 years
Main Class:   Adventurer
Honour:   1
Prestige:   1
Gold:   34
Silver:   8
Time Pool:   2
Fatigue:   14
You are currently in Oritolon.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #83: March 27, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
What?  How is Thief's hand an item?  That'd be disgusting...
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #84: March 28, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »
Have her hunt undead in the city graveyard.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #85: March 30, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »
Hunting undead didn't do much except give some silver from the bounty. I guess it may be a while before Leia has the adventuring skill to fight the powerful ones.

In other news, Leia's inventory is getting larger, though where she stores it all is a mystery.

Inventory

Common Items

*Adventure Gear (11x)
*Battered Armour
*Bear Hide
*Combat Gear (11x)
*Junk
*Lump of Wax
*Thief's Hand (2x)
*Wootz

Useable Items

*Bandages and Alcohol
*Keg of Beer (4x)

Now she has two thief hands, so in case hers get removed, she has an extra pair. Joyous!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #86: March 31, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »
I guess the guy didn't learn from the first time he had a hand chopped off? :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #87: April 01, 2011, 03:41:57 AM »
I think we need some excitement (Hard to achieve on Colonies with a 1:2 game:real hour regen rate).

From now on, if you choose to have her hunt, Leia will hunt max aggro possible, and will try to find those regions that have lots of undead/monsters. Of course, this may lead to more wounds, in which case there will be a lot more waiting involved.

How is the pace though? I think this is rather slow, as the updates have become pretty much cold tar. I'm not sure how much playing on a 1:1 regen island would help though.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 01, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »
Leia should make sure to sleep on that cozy bear hide at night. Also, regaining one's lost empire is more fun with companions, is there anyone in the area to strike up a conversation with?

On a side note, it would be interesting to see more of Leia's journey drawn out (as in, art)! I have always thought that the often amusing interactions between BM advies and their strange lives were best suited to the visual format :]

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #89: April 01, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
There are advies who don't say much except send links to monster/undead groups.  :-\

As for drawing out stuff, I would make a 4koma of this, and it'd be great practice. But, as is kind of apparent, I am not an actual artist, have no formal training, probably won't take any, and the drawings aren't exactly quality stuff. I'm not sure whether anyone would want to look at them, but I'll give it a shot after I'm done with my second round of exams next week.