Author Topic: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!  (Read 46317 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!
« Reply #90: April 03, 2011, 05:16:10 AM »
To read this is better than to read manuals.
I didnt know a advy could be so interesting. :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #91: April 03, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »
Thanks!

Though I'm not sure adventurers really are that interesting. I find that the majority of my time is spent sleeping off fatigue. Yeah, our Divine Empress Leia is a lazy commoner...

egamma

« Reply #92: April 05, 2011, 03:37:21 AM »
And adventurers in the colonies have even fewer hours than normal. I think sages may stick around longer, and of course it's easier to take on monster/undead hordes, but there are very few advantages to playing an adventurer in the colonies.

It's not that exciting elsewhere, either, I think quite a few people do it to get free sword training for an infiltrator.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: April 05, 2011, 04:48:16 AM »
In my experience, adventurers are more interesting when there are other adventurers around to interact with. Trade fairs, gossip about nobles who arrest and advies who break deals, community item pools, cooperative hunting, roleplay in general. It might take some doing to find that first person willing to talk to you, but once you start chatting over the vicinity channel it tends to draw other people in.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #94: April 06, 2011, 07:41:33 PM »
There aren't many adventurers around, and the few that are here at most tell me where the next group is. Usually by the time I have the hours for them, the group expired.

Also, no one has ever answered me when Leia inquired about portal stones. Even if they're pointless, getting eight of them will achieve one of Leia's goals. I wonder why no one wants to tell me if they have any...They don't even say "No.", or "What do you want with them? They're vessels of pure eeevil!"

egamma

« Reply #95: April 07, 2011, 03:08:48 AM »
There aren't many adventurers around, and the few that are here at most tell me where the next group is. Usually by the time I have the hours for them, the group expired.

Also, no one has ever answered me when Leia inquired about portal stones. Even if they're pointless, getting eight of them will achieve one of Leia's goals. I wonder why no one wants to tell me if they have any...They don't even say "No.", or "What do you want with them? They're vessels of pure eeevil!"

When I played an advy in the colonies I only found one in 2 years and talking to at least 5 other adventurers. But it should be possible to do.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #96: April 13, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
If you could get to Atamara I have a portal stone I traded my gigantic stash of items for. (I had been gathering items for several weeks beforehand, such was my boredom)

I will be willing to part with it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #97: April 13, 2011, 04:34:17 AM »
Adventurers can't emigrate.

But, I do have an adventurer on AT now that you mention it. Her name's Patchouli, she's spicy more so than sweet, not very nice, and is part of CE. Of course, she might not see much action since right now the focus is on Kylen/Ramuh/Iksandros, and the oddly long-lived Garret.

Er, but Patchy isn't too interested in portal stones, so...eh? Keep it I guess, though I don't think they actually do anything.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #98: April 13, 2011, 04:39:41 AM »
Such a shame...

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: April 18, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »
My adventurer has done the portal stone thing.  Back when all it took was 7.  Was kinda cool but a big letdown after the fireworks were done.  Never trust nobles to follow through...  That adventurer has two more of the stones now.  just not in the colonies....too bad too.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #100: April 18, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
What happened with those portal stones? Since this is Colonies, I'm prepared to see...nothing special happen. But hey, it'll fulfill one of Leia's goals.

And update: Leia's not dead, and I haven't forgotten about her or this LP.

She's been trying to gather and hunt, to little success. The comic is also going to go very slowly because for the rest of this month and until May 18, I will be busy with the last of my exams, and I will have preparations to make for my college graduation.

Leia's in Portion now. But no stones.

Inventory:

Common Items

Adventure Gear (22x)
Battered Armour
Bear Hide
Combat Gear (16x)
Empty Keg (3x)
Hardened Leather
Junk
Lump of Wax
Quartz
Thief's Hand (2x)
Wolf's Hide
Wootz

Useable Items

Bandages and Alcohol
Keg of Beer

As you can see, Leia's been drinking a bit, an has already emptied three kegs. Things are blurry for her right now. However, she does have lots more gear now, and finally is fully clothed!

Now that she's in the big city, supposedly filled with barbarians of Lukon, what shall she do? From experience, she seems to be capable of occasionally skipping group 1 now. But the last investigation in Portion said "some rumors" for both monsters and undead.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #101: April 18, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
How much gold do you have?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #102: April 18, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
7 gold, 4 silver.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #103: April 18, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
See if you can join a guild or something.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #104: April 18, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »
Guilds in this region:

# Visit the "Horde of Honor" temple
# Visit the "Valast's Honor of Lukon" guildhouse