Author Topic: More options for Stewards  (Read 4324 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: More options for Stewards
« Topic Start: October 06, 2020, 06:21:22 AM »
I think there's a line to be drawn between buttons the Lord can press that require authority and those that merely maintain the administration.

Managing estates is not something that can be delegated. Period. That is part of the Lord's feudal duty to and authority over his vassal knights, and needs to remain something that only the Lord can do.

Controlling food distribution is merely a part of how the region is managed. It clearly falls into the same category as existing tasks the Steward can perform, and should be opened up to Stewards.

Others of these fall in the middle between these two; personally, off the top of my head, I would say that building infrastructure and holding courts both require the Lord's authority, while setting taxes probably falls just this side of the "administration" line.

I'm ambivalent about the militia ones.

Maybe we should add more roles so Stewards just don't become the next 2nd lord in charge. That way, maybe people will be inclined to get more knights to do less tedious work. Maybe you can have a knight commander who will be a minor version of general that is in charge of building infrastructures/militias.

Building infrastructures should be done on estate levels. That would give knights another thing to spend their gold on and maybe they won't leave their estates as easily. Give them that feeling of attachment that the game lacks.