Author Topic: WAR  (Read 132056 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
WAR
« Topic Start: July 30, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
So there we have it. As war declarations are being sent and hefty discussions are being held on the ruler channel, armies are on the march and the conflict that has been looming has finally broken out.

This calls for a new topic. :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #1: July 30, 2011, 11:59:50 PM »
Tell those of us without characters on Beluaterra the details!

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: July 31, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »
so far..

Fronen, Enweil vs Sint, OG, Nothoi, Thalmarkin.

Riombara will probably go against Enweil and once that happens, Fronen will be facing four realms. Melhed will probably sit out again. I doubt they can make any decision with their current system. I've never seen Melhed joining any side.

So yeah Nothoi has about 8k CS and Thalmarkin might have about the same of a bit higher. OG is going to be the big one here :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 31, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »
Riombara will probably go against Enweil and once that happens,

The south is a boring place now that it's been turned into just a series of bottlenecks, one after another after another.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #4: July 31, 2011, 01:12:09 AM »
No declarations that I can see - are they going out via diplomats?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 31, 2011, 01:23:50 AM »
No declarations that I can see - are they going out via diplomats?

They have been declared in the ruler channel, just not yet via game mechanics. The war has definitely begun. :)

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #6: July 31, 2011, 01:33:46 AM »
excellent!

So, who has the most money and the least totalitarian military hierarchy?

Edit: this looks like it might be fun - Fronen has a long, unmanageable border that COULD have some great open warfare. Have to learn a little more about the Generals before I choose sides.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:57:39 AM by Jens Namtrah »

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: July 31, 2011, 02:33:03 AM »
Whenever I look at the map of Fronen I just want to erase the northern half. Such a hard place to defend :P I am not worried about Nothoi much since my char used to be with them in Bara'Khur but I never faced OG and Thalmarkin so this might be an interesting challenge for me.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 31, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
I vote we name this the "War of the Survivors"
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 31, 2011, 04:22:04 AM »
excellent!

So, who has the most money and the least totalitarian military hierarchy?

Edit: this looks like it might be fun - Fronen has a long, unmanageable border that COULD have some great open warfare. Have to learn a little more about the Generals before I choose sides.

Open warfare? I'm not certain about that. Every single one of our northern regions other than Yermon is fortified, most of them heavily. It's likely to be a very defensive war since we're getting ganged up on so badly. The attackers will constantly be assaulting our walls, while we defend them. That's likely to be true in the south as well, unless Nothoi is able to break through the mountains into our southern rural and badlands regions.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #10: July 31, 2011, 05:28:42 AM »
Open warfare? I'm not certain about that. Every single one of our northern regions other than Yermon is fortified, most of them heavily. It's likely to be a very defensive war since we're getting ganged up on so badly. The attackers will constantly be assaulting our walls, while we defend them. That's likely to be true in the south as well, unless Nothoi is able to break through the mountains into our southern rural and badlands regions.

It could be open in the other direction though, right?

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 31, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »
It could be open in the other direction though, right?
Yeah OG's regions that border Fronen are mostly rurals but I don't think it will matter much right now. OG, Sint and Thalmarkin have their armies are already sitting on Fronen soil even though they haven't declared war. They also have a priest of the Golden Feather there so they might be trying for a religious takeover.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 31, 2011, 08:43:54 AM »

Defensive warfare?
Well, if your goal is to just stall your own defeat, then defensive war is your pick.
If you wnat to win any war, you have to turn offensive eventually.

The allies will have a hard time coordinating and Fronen can eaisly smash tehre armies while there rallying to keep the war outside there borders.

If Fronens general will not turn out to be an idiot, they still have a good chance of wining this war.

And i find it so funny of everyone to just cancel out the second greatest super power out of this war while the war is a clear gangs bang ploting of mainly nothoi and OG and a frustrated and ambitious thalmarkin.
Nobles in Melhed are not happy with the war at all and look at the allies for blame.
They will certainly either demand the war to stop, thalmarkin to be pulled out or go to war them selves.

The quistion is not if Melhed will involve, but more if then how much could Melhed be prepared for war?

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: July 31, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »

If Fronens general will not turn out to be an idiot, they still have a good chance of wining this war.

That idiot is me  8) I got my marshals giving me good ideas and I learned some tactics from the player of the king of Thalmarkin. Wish me luck!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 31, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
And i find it so funny of everyone to just cancel out the second greatest super power out of this war while the war is a clear gangs bang ploting of mainly nothoi and OG and a frustrated and ambitious thalmarkin.
Nobles in Melhed are not happy with the war at all and look at the allies for blame.
They will certainly either demand the war to stop, thalmarkin to be pulled out or go to war them selves.

The quistion is not if Melhed will involve, but more if then how much could Melhed be prepared for war?

Honestly, you can't really ask for us to care when you don't care yourself. When 4 out of 13 senators vote in your first referendum for war in 6 years you can't expect us to tremble in fear for the great warrior spirit of Melhed.
Up to you to prove me wrong of course but I also think it is interesting that in 6 years Melhed didn't fight a war and then you choose to attack your oldest ally that is 1/3 the size of your own realm. If this is Melhed's great plan to restore their reputation and re-enter the stage then I would suggest to take another 6 year-sabbath and think of something better.