« Reply #210: August 26, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »
Ardet nec consumitur.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #211: August 26, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
lol, joined Melhed recently - can anyone tell me why the war started? I've asked IG, but I wonder if my character will get a reply...

I think they pretty much copied and pasted Thalmarkin's reasons for war, minus the bit about Jedinchel. In truth, I'm pretty sure it's more about taking advantage of the situation than any kind of principle. Their own ruler has basically stated that their reasons for war are utter crap. Thus I can only assume that they're looking to expand at Fronen's expense. Should make for an interesting bit of politics.

Zakilevo

« Reply #212: August 26, 2011, 10:10:23 PM »
I doubt Enweil will die once Fronen falls. People tend to join allied realms or leave the continent. I am sure Enweil get a huge boost in terms of number of nobles. That will make things a lot easier for Enweil to deal with Rio. If they can kill off Rio before northern armies arrive, it won't to too hard to stop them.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: August 26, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »
Senate is frustrated.
Thats the reason.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Zakilevo

« Reply #214: August 26, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
Well at least things just got more interesting. I will try to make your senate decide things faster :D

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: August 27, 2011, 02:40:03 AM »
Or they will join us in IVF. Anywas, there is always room for betrayal!  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: August 27, 2011, 11:12:57 AM »
It was actually a lot of reasons that finally made Melhed join the fight. Not wanting to be painted into a corner of the map forever behind friendly realms, not wanting to stab an ally and suffering from Too Much Peace is probably what swayed the majority of the Senate. Opportunism was hardly a factor at all.

The decision took ages even by Melhed standards. Both Fronen and Thalmarkin had close friends in Melhed and the debate was particalurly infected with votings made over and over due to technicalities.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: August 27, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
It was actually a lot of reasons that finally made Melhed join the fight. Not wanting to be painted into a corner of the map forever behind friendly realms, not wanting to stab an ally and suffering from Too Much Peace is probably what swayed the majority of the Senate.

Thats what i said, frustration :P

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: August 27, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
The decision took ages even by Melhed standards.

Best ironic joke of the day!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: August 27, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
Well, Melhed had three options:

a) Fight Thalmarkin
b) Do nothing
c) Fight Fronen

Option A was always going to be a hard sell. Thalmarkin could just sit 6000CS in Lastfell with some militia and Melhed was never going to be able to do anything except bash their heads against the walls. If they moved further south, they'd get their rural regions torn into shreds and need to recruit a load of militia in the cities. If Fronen fell, that situation was going to get very nasty very quickly. Option B was actually my tip; for Melhed to do as Melhed always did. Since isolationism no longer seems the flavour of choice in Melhed though, that left them with only one choice.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: August 27, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
It was actually a lot of reasons that finally made Melhed join the fight. Not wanting to be painted into a corner of the map forever behind friendly realms, not wanting to stab an ally and suffering from Too Much Peace is probably what swayed the majority of the Senate. Opportunism was hardly a factor at all.

such level of hypocrisy would hardly fit even ic world as there is simply nothing in game to back it, while putting that ooc what looks as ic propaganda is nearing absurd.

there is only one reason instead all mentioned - opportunistic desire to use gang-bang while having no care for any ic story.

instead of players trying to brush their characters skills and experience in-game through some desire for competition, we have developed desire to simply use simple gang-bang opportunity to replace all other aspects of game.

there are no stories, no fun, it is simply not playable, neither on military nor on diplomatic level, that is mere button-pressing, and only game mechanics could prevent game from "spontaneously" falling into non-playable state.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: August 27, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
I disagree. The rise and fall of Fronen is an extremely compelling story. They started out with practically nothing, rose to be the greatest power in Beluaterra and now are being laid low again by the very realms they "defeated" on their way to the top.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: August 27, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
We were allies with them too, I thought.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: August 27, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
such level of hypocrisy would hardly fit even ic world as there is simply nothing in game to back it, while putting that ooc what looks as ic propaganda is nearing absurd.

there is only one reason instead all mentioned - opportunistic desire to use gang-bang while having no care for any ic story.

instead of players trying to brush their characters skills and experience in-game through some desire for competition, we have developed desire to simply use simple gang-bang opportunity to replace all other aspects of game.

there are no stories, no fun, it is simply not playable, neither on military nor on diplomatic level, that is mere button-pressing, and only game mechanics could prevent game from "spontaneously" falling into non-playable state.

You have to realize that there are game mechanics that push to this.
I don't like it either, i feel a little disgusted even as a player, but thanks to the ow so loved TMP penalty, game mechanics push a realm towards just declaring war and making up reasons just to cover them selves.

And yes, this is all still perfectly realistic, most wars weren't fought with a 'valid'  reason.

I still think Fronen could prevent this war if they'd use a diferent diplomatic strategy (if they had one at all).
You should know as ruler that gang bangs ocure alot in BM and to prevent them you need very stable relations.

MR Calanar(steve) knows all about that :P (hes been ruler on FEI for long time)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: August 27, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »
Our ruler in the lead up to the war was a truly horrible diplomat and politician. However, she's been gone a while now, and we've been talking to Melhed (or trying) for some time. Sorenar has not been very responsive.