Author Topic: WAR  (Read 131841 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #30: August 01, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »
They never joined Melhed, i am not sure where they are and what there doing.

I think I saw someone stop by to take a ship to the East Continent.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 01, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »
And we seem to have had our first battle and casualty on this war.

the casualty beeing ooc of course, with Diana beeing deleted. I wonder who´s going to be Fronen´s new ruler...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 01, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »
Someone more reasonable.

Everyone here is dramatically overestimating Fronen's capabilities. What do you think we are, Sparta? How the hell do you expect us to fight off 30k CS all at once? We can barely field half that. Coordination does not appear to be even a slight issue for our enemies at the moment. As for counter-offensives, are you mad? By the time the current campaign is over we'll probably have lost Yipinalke, Vore and Jedinchel. We'll be counter attacking into our own former regions. I would be shocked if we manage to break out into the open after that.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: August 01, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
All of which are being attacked by those who owned them before Fronen when Fronen seized them before the last Invasion. :o

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 01, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
And we seem to have had our first battle and casualty on this war.

the casualty beeing ooc of course, with Diana beeing deleted. I wonder who´s going to be Fronen´s new ruler...

I like to tell myself that the Doge of Fronen cast herself from the highest tower of Vur Hagin.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 01, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
I like to tell myself that the Doge of Fronen cast herself from the highest tower of Vur Hagin.

She threw herself in the lake, and will forever haunt it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 01, 2011, 06:07:29 PM »
Someone more reasonable.

Everyone here is dramatically overestimating Fronen's capabilities. What do you think we are, Sparta? How the hell do you expect us to fight off 30k CS all at once? We can barely field half that. Coordination does not appear to be even a slight issue for our enemies at the moment. As for counter-offensives, are you mad? By the time the current campaign is over we'll probably have lost Yipinalke, Vore and Jedinchel. We'll be counter attacking into our own former regions. I would be shocked if we manage to break out into the open after that.

I don't think we overestimated Fronen. I have fought them before, all it takes is walls of militia in a few strategic regions and the war turns into a stalemate or a victory for Fronen. This campaign was designed to keep that from happening this time. It would also have been a completely different story had BK been reformed before the war started.

But yes, you could say you're being gangbanged, it's just that it's 6 cities divided under 4 realms fighting 5 cities and a bunch of townslands all belonging to 1 realm. You can't blame weaker realms for banding together to take down the behemoth of the continent. :P

What surprises me most is that Fronen didn't really see this coming though, it's the oldest story in the book: overpopulated realms looking for wealthy lands to settle in (in the case of Thalmarkin and Nothoi). And it was a given that OG would want to continue their war with Fronen after having grown more powerful during the invasion.

That being said, it sucks that Fronen's Doge deleted (or jumped into the lake... :P) but of course it must have been a blow to see 4 realms march against you at once and then be blamed for it by your own nobles... All in all, a pretty epic start of the war for the allies. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 01, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
Coordination does not appear to be even a slight issue for our enemies at the moment.

HEH.  You should try coordinating with Sint and OG sometime.  It's almost a second war.

As for counter-offensives, are you mad? By the time the current campaign is over we'll probably have lost Yipinalke, Vore and Jedinchel. We'll be counter attacking into our own former regions. I would be shocked if we manage to break out into the open after that.

This is true.  You're almost certainly going to lose the duchies of Vore and Vozz, as Thalmarkin is fielding 17K CS alone.  We've had a lot of time to squirrel away resources for this. :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 01, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
We've had a lot of time to squirrel away resources for this. :)

Squirrel away? I don't think I've ever completed a week without spending at least 75% of the gold I got the tax before. Most of the time I made sure to spend a little more just before tax day so that I didn't have to pay taxes... :P
Thalmarkin has been on one big spending spree since the end of the invasion and it's all been in preparation for war. Even the tournament we threw (and that ended up costing us only 190 gold) was a nice recruitment campaign for new nobles.
But yes, all that spending got us a pretty decent army. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 01, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »
Squirrel away? I don't think I've ever completed a week without spending at least 75% of the gold I got the tax before. Most of the time I made sure to spend a little more just before tax day so that I didn't have to pay taxes... :P
Thalmarkin has been on one big spending spree since the end of the invasion and it's all been in preparation for war. Even the tournament we threw (and that ended up costing us only 190 gold) was a nice recruitment campaign for new nobles.
But yes, all that spending got us a pretty decent army. :)

That's what I just said, Lorgan!  Resources = swords. ;P

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 01, 2011, 08:00:59 PM »
Thalmarkin: Even our squirrels are bad-ass.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 01, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
Thalmarkin: Even our squirrels are bad-ass.

ALL HAIL THE CHIPMUNKS OF THE NORTH!

Zakilevo

« Reply #42: August 01, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »
Well I don't want to complain too much but my god 30k is a bit too much. Most of our militias are focused on the cities and we cannot even reach them :P I doubt Fronen can survive this war without Melhed's help... Can't believe Diana brought this on Fronen and just commits a suicide after.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 01, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
Well I don't want to complain too much but my god 30k is a bit too much. Most of our militias are focused on the cities and we cannot even reach them :P I doubt Fronen can survive this war without Melhed's help... Can't believe Diana brought this on Fronen and just commits a suicide after.

I don't think the intent is to kill Fronen, but I can almost guarantee the intent would be to kill Melhed.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 01, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
Melhed, like they will ever make a move. I can somehow see Riombara pull together for a war, but Melhed... no, they're just way too slow to act on anything. I think you literally have to walk into their Senate with an army before they decide they want to fight you.
Ardet nec consumitur.