Author Topic: flexible density  (Read 3273 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
flexible density
« Topic Start: November 09, 2020, 12:34:38 PM »
I suggest that density be pegged to the player count and recalculated each turn. Default density should be enough to have all regions owned by players.
For example, EC has 124 region and 192 nobles atm. So it's density is ~1.5.

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: flexible density
« Reply #1: November 11, 2020, 07:14:56 PM »
That would be a step backwards and, depending on the island, potentially defeat the purpose of density. Density prevents realms from expanding so much that they struggle to maintain regions and density provides the benefit of increased competition for lordships.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 12, 2020, 01:12:12 AM »
Competition for lords? In smaller less active realms you have the same people as lords forever. The less regions there are, the less competition.

Doesn't really defeat the point of density either. There is still a hard limit for each realm, just a more realstic one given the number of players continent-wide.
Actually, I can see how this can be a problem on Dwi. I guess I was thinking about EC and BT when I made this suggestion.

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 14, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »
The competition for lordships is pretty simple. If you have a realm with as many regions as nobles, a density of 1, then there is no competition as everyone gets a lordship. If you have a realm with half as many regions as nobles, a density of 2, then only half the realm can have a lordship. The higher the density limit, the scarcer the lordships. The scarcer the lordships, the more likely there is competition for vacant lordships.

Dwilight was the main island I was thinking of as well.

Ardent

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 07, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »
I personally like being the knight of a lord or lady or being a lord or lady with knights. I generally try to gravitate away from realms that have as many or more regions as they have nobles.

Not saying that what I prefer is better. I just want to share another viewpoint. :)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 07, 2020, 11:33:03 PM »
I like realms that lack nobles. Easier to take over  ;D